• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Cbd oil for anxiety uk

B

Bellamilo

Does anyone here use this oil for anxiety and if so does it work? Where to get it from?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

IDK. They changed the law last year and my supplier disappeared off the market. It used to be freely available on Amazon, but i think its all changed now.

I have heard you can still buy it from some places but it could be expensive now.

It did help with anxiety, I seem to recall. A wonder drug for epilepsy.

N

natalie

I don't use cbd oil, at all.

The best methods for anxiety are; a hopeful good nights' sleep, which very rarely happened in the first week or so of my holiday;

Listening to music, if you are able to all day and all evening, sends one to sleep - just like that, preferences are musicals, and general easy listening music, and just as long I don't have a problem with personal cd player or batteries, within;

Exercise; I try to occasionally workout when I can, if not frequently,

I try not to use excess supplements or meds, for mental health, in fact on holiday, I only needed to take my as and when anxiety med, for 1 night only.

Thanks for the question, though.

P

Paranoid_Android

I bought some CBD oil for my OCD and anxiety from the local health shop but it interfered with Olanzapine and made me sick. I was throwing up every morning. Mine contains CBD and olive oil. It was only 20.00, not the best you can buy. I only used it for three days. I might try it again next month but use it in a morning instead. I had the same thing happen when I took Sertaline with Olanzaipne.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
my friend has been off meds for schitzoprenia for decadesm she's now in pain with arthritus and is reluctant to take pain killers partly because a no have been used as psychiatric drugs, she's been trying cbd tells me they've doubled the price to 20 pounds, puts me off trying it, at least to it's available on prescription and then how many people would refuse to take it

calypso

calypso

Admin
Holland andBarratt do it for about £16 a bottle (in the UK). Whether it works is not shown yet. I understand you have to let it increase in your blood stream to see if it works.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
heard that study for multiple schhlerosis some guy got paranoid and psychotic and killed himself

my neighbour said your making me paranoid i forget thats one of the symptoms

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bryan_E1

Currently, CBD oil is only sold as a food supplement in the UK.

While there are many anecdotal reports of CBD's positive effects on wellbeing, as of right now there is no medical approval that it can treat anxiety.

Whether this will change in time with more research conducted in the field, only time will tell.

Hope this helps!

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
nought cbd oil from holland and barrett, the women said they weren't allowed to recommend it or give an opinion, tried it for intercity from brum, the journey was terrible, the virgin train had broken down so my train was overcrowded, can't say if it helped or whether it even helped as a placebo

if i remember i'll ask the gp, last one i asked said be very cautious

considering how they're quite happy to addict people to psychiatric drugs

Z

ZAGOR

I used it. No help. But when I bought 4:1 ratio of cbd/thc then it helped a bit. Overall-not worth it in my case.

J

jessieblue

I think it's great. first thing i noticed is it helped me to sleep. im always less anxious when ive slept properly. I think a lot of people like to give their opinions on it before they've even tried it

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
it's expensive if your on means tested benefits in austerity britain

J

jessieblue

That is a valid point. I work, and it was worth it for me to come off two prescriptions and be on cbd instead. slightly more expensive per month but also not addictive and no negative side effects. thats just my personal experience though it wont be for everyone

Z

ZAGOR

I used CBD oil and it helped the first time but then I realized it was placebo. SO Nop, not working for me.

J

jessieblue

there's been quite a few studies debunking the placebo claim. not every variation will work for every person and it also takes around 4 weeks to feel the full effects