• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Casual dating

N

Neevee

People casual date and it's fine. It is what plenty of people like to. Not so much a fan of it. Feeling like taking meaningless connections to see if they work has always felt uncomfortable. I'm in the boat of being a private person and only letting people I get close to know me, let alone romantically or sexually. I struggle to understand people who can be so, as they say, casual. Maybe I just grew up to be old school, but I keep doubting the ability to feel secure when casually giving yourself to others is so common nowadays. Or moreso much more obvious and normalized.

P

Purpleplum

People are just different. I'm one of your team.

N

Neevee

People are just different. I'm one of your team.
Haha the "team". I know a lot of people struggle with meeting people conventionally, but the easy ways are uncomfortable for them. It's pretty sad and it leads to really caring for those you meet that truly fit your mold. Then leads to it hurting that much more if it goes wrong 🥲

P

Purpleplum

Haha the "team". I know a lot of people struggle with meeting people conventionally, but the easy ways are uncomfortable for them. It's pretty sad and it leads to really caring for those you meet that truly fit your mold. Then leads to it hurting that much more if it goes wrong 🥲
I don't date anymore.

P

Purpleplum

Understandable. It's easier for some people. I feel most happy when I get care for someone so I couldn't imagine stopping.
I was like that but now I've lost interest.

E

EclipticNight

I also gave up on love. I had a sort of soul mate and it fell apart, and I did with it. It nearly killed me. For the record I also dont get casual dating. I'm 36 and I've had 3 girlfriends in my entire life.

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

I have been hurt by men I thought liked and cared about me. I have no one now yet some women have no problem finding a man. They get married have children a nice home. I know those things don't necessarily make a person happy but being alone is an awful thing. I don't think it's fair what did I do to deserve being alone with no children, no husband no one.

R

rawlinsc

I also gave up on love. I had a sort of soul mate and it fell apart, and I did with it. It nearly killed me. For the record I also dont get casual dating. I'm 36 and I've had 3 girlfriends in my entire life.
3 relationships is pretty good. Some people have never dated.

R

rawlinsc

I have been hurt by men I thought liked and cared about me. I have no one now yet some women have no problem finding a man. They get married have children a nice home. I know those things don't necessarily make a person happy but being alone is an awful thing. I don't think it's fair what did I do to deserve being alone with no children, no husband no one.
When I was a teenager or my 20s being single did not bother me but it does now.

N

natalie

I wouldn't like to venture into thatd epartment. Owing to my anxiety condiitons in the past, very much in the past history, and thankfully now with the Prebabalin, thouigh, I would have to steer clear of casul dating, and aim, for a long term/permanent relationship. i am very much set and linked to my s trong mutuala dmirer, potential prospective Gent Friend to be.

So with my anxiety levels which sometimes hit the sky roof, I avoid casual dating.

N

Neevee

I thought at a point a few years back I wanted to date this girl, but it was just me being lonely. I don't think there is really anything wrong with it, but it's not me. We were 19 at the time and she had been with 12 men. We had fun together, but never could I trust someone that loose romantically. She is still a good friend, but tough to date

N

Neevee

Some people, it's easy to just be with people. I don't get it. It takes me everything go stop wanting to be with one person and move on. So I think it's easier for others to find husbands or wives because they can move past thing better. At least some of them.