• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Cars

• Thread starter midnightphoenix
  • Start date
midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Anyone know how to de smear a car windscreen? I cant get mine to not be smeary, idk what i'm doing wrong

polishing it off after putting water on it does not work

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I think you need a squeegee

Halfords

pop into your local store and ask them. them the experts :salut:

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Is it the inside or the outside of the windscreen?
there's a bit of the outside that the windscreen wipers seems to make smeary for some reason i dont understand why

the inside really needs de smearing its hard to see when the sun is in the wrong place

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
there's a bit of the outside that the windscreen wipers seems to make smeary for some reason i dont understand why

the inside really needs de smearing its hard to see when the sun is in the wrong place
You probably need to clean the wiper blades themselves, Midnight.

I just use household glass cleaner and kitchen roll for good results. If there's anything persistent stuck on the windscreen, you can use surgical spirit to get it off (don't get it on the rubber seals - just the glass.) xxx

W

Worriedyin

Might be tree sap, it makes everything smeary. Fairy platinum and hot water will get it off.

Inside is so annoying, I put antifog stuff on my old banger which had a fabric roof so got misted up really badly and it was a disaster. Normal glass cleaner will get it off but a lot leave residue which then also goes streaky haha. Keep cleaning!

I just use kitchen roll for the inside but it does leave a bit of lint but a dry shammy gets rid.

Might be worth changing where you park if the outside is from tree sap.

Edit - beaten to it! Haha.

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
Might be tree sap, it makes everything smeary. Fairy platinum and hot water will get it off.

Inside is so annoying, I put antifog stuff on my old banger which had a fabric roof so got misted up really badly and it was a disaster. Normal glass cleaner will get it off but a lot leave residue which then also goes streaky haha. Keep cleaning!

I just use kitchen roll for the inside but it does leave a bit of lint but a dry shammy gets rid.

Might be worth changing where you park if the outside is from tree sap.

Edit - beaten to it! Haha.
@Worriedyin: I've got a faithful old banger. I've got a great trick for stopping the condensation on the inside. Cut both sleeves off an old shirt, sew one end and then half-fill it with cat litter (the absorbent, crystal stuff) Sew it up and then leave these on top of your dashboard to absorb all the moisture. I've got a couple in my boot because it leaks a little. xxx

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

i have a window squeegee thing but it bends the wrong way so no good for the car

will that one definately bend the right way for doing the inside of the windscreen, burt?
it looks expensive for what it is. i think it is best to ask inside halfords or give them a call

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
midnightphoenix Driving and Mental Health 24