• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Carers

M

maudikie

Peop;e seem to forget that those with schizophrenia have carers. It can be heartbreaking for them, and they too need support.:)

D

Dollit

That's why we have a special section called "Friends, Relative, Partners & Carers" which can be accessed from the front page.

R

robbie

Founding Member
Dollitt. Im a Carer to my son. I dont know what to do. My Husband is very close to his sister, calls her His Mary, shes married and lives abroad, they even share bank accounts. I feel really worried, its all too close. Iv got no family and nowhere else to live.He just adores her. It was a well known fact where his family live, but no-one told me before i married him.He was never married before,the friends he had were mostly hers too. I cant sleep tonight. Its finally hit me as i recover and i dont know what to do.Keep well.From Robbie x

R

robbie

Founding Member
Dollitt

I dont have anyone. Everyone thinks im really lucky, we are safe and have a roof over our heads, and my husband is very kind, but this is becoming such a big hurt that i ought to find someone.If there was just myself i could manage by myself but i now have special needs son.He wont here a word against her, even gave her my car once. Perhaps im just depressed again, sorry Dollitt i will find someone i could have a good chat too and try to sort things out . Bless you and take care today.Hug to you too.xx

D

Dollit

Hi Robbie - I've moved the thread to an more appropriate place on the forum but the links will bring you straight here. Your husband's closeness to his sister bothers you which makes it a valid worry (and never apologize unless you've done something wrong, which you haven't) but I'm just worried that it's something that should be discussed off forum. Some things are just a little too personal to be discussed in public. That's why I was wondering if you had someone you could talk to. Is there someone here you could confide in by sending a private message? As well as the network of people I have on the public forum I also have a network on the private message system who I talk to about various things. I find it helps me enormously. :hug:

R

robbie

Founding Member
Dollitt

Thankyou. I dont know of anyone i could share this with or what to do but thanks for replying. Best wishes and hugs.xx

M

maudikie

maudikie.

I think "Carers U.K." are now including carers of people wit a mental illness. Probably because in our ageing population there are an increasing number of older people with dementia and Alzheimers. Let us hope that the election will bring more awareness of the carers position and difficulties. It is also reported that there is an increasing number of children with mental health problems. I think that the world has become too fast for the human race, and perhps the airline strike is doing us a favour by keeping us nearer to home. Families are not always supportive, especiallyy now with all the marriage breakups, but there are more young people marrying so perhaps we are gradually(y) returning to a more sane world. I hope so.(y)

M

maudikie

maudikie

Hi! Robbi. I hope you have found someone you can confide in by now.
What sort of raltionship have you with your usband's sister? Could you try to make beter friends with her?
How is your son. It may be that your husbnd is getting his support about your lad from his sister.
How old is your son? You will have to get all the help you can for him and yourself. Have you ever asked for a carer's assessment of need? That might help the whole situation.