Carer's Assessment?????

MaruMaro

MaruMaro

Some people recently have been asking me if i want a carer's assessment, and i have tried to find information on what it is, and whats involved, anyone got any idea?

M

maudikie

Carer's assessment.

If you are a carer of someon with a severe and enduring mental illness - or physical illness - you are entitled toa carer's assessment of need. The carer sometime finds this difficult, but it may be for something like a weekly break from caring, or if your are unable to get sleep because of caring foro your patient, someone to sit in for you. I think the best thing to do is to write down what would make your caring job easier before the assessment. But do take advantage of it, as it helps you keep well youself.:)

MaruMaro

MaruMaro

If you are a carer of someon with a severe and enduring mental illness - or physical illness - you are entitled toa carer's assessment of need. The carer sometime finds this difficult, but it may be for something like a weekly break from caring, or if your are unable to get sleep because of caring foro your patient, someone to sit in for you. I think the best thing to do is to write down what would make your caring job easier before the assessment. But do take advantage of it, as it helps you keep well youself.:)
thankyou very much for the information. :D

S

spicy cucumber

My husband had severe depression. I had a carer's assessment done. I was offered a massage by students at the local college. However, I had to find someone who would stay with my husband while I had the massage.

IMHO, Carer's assessments aren't worth the paper they are written on.

Spicy.

M

maudikie

maudikie to MaruMaro

I hope you have got your carer's assessment by now., and that any breaks you have managed to arrange are doig you good, and that you are feeling better and more able to continue to cope.:flowers: