• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Care coordinator

Y

YuriKuri

I have a very funny feeling about my care coordinator. I don’t feel he is doing his job properly. He always just seems to be playing catch up as opposed to genuinely helping me. This all led me to getting into trouble. Am I the only one who has had bad experiences with a care coordinator?

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

hi ,i have had good and bad ,you can always request a change if your not happy with your current one ,how long have you been seeing him for? welcome here x Lu x

Y

YuriKuri

I feel like I am going to soon. I never thought he was a good fit. I always had my doubts but kept with it because I was willing to try.
I started a new job recently which meant I had to use a bicycle as part of the job. My care coordinator took some time off just before I started work. I had no other prior experience cycling in a city and wasn’t told how dangerous it would be then I was involved in an accident and left me losing a tooth. My judgement was compromised when I was working and I had no advice before starting nor told of any other support as I started. Could this be a failure in duty of care?

C

Chipotle

sounds very typical to me of mental health services, unfortunately. I do not hear anything good about them.

Y

YuriKuri

I feel really angry at my care coordinator.

After it had happened and I was explaining it, I felt he was trying to get me to state it was my fault. And putting words into my mouth than trying to actually find out what happened.

I was sleep deprived in the conversation and felt like I was being made to feel it was all my fault, I also said I wasn’t thinking about my care coordinator at the time. And that there were some things that I could have avoided before it happened. Such as making sure I knew how I felt. Now I realise this was never going to happen during that time. And that had I had someone around me this never would have happened. I was always going to get into an accident this way. I realise it was something that he had fallen short on, and only gave me the advice about cycling and riding safely when he finally returned. If I had support during that time, or had somebody else, I could have avoided all of this. It feels weird that when I think of a care coordinator it’s a whole different problem