• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Care Coordinator discharge...

W

WhySoSerious

Noooo they will refer back but if the team feel there's nothing more they can offer they will reject the referral.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I was discharged by my care coordinator last February but that was from an early intervention team for psychosis, my three years were up. I asked to be transferred to a longer term team but they refused me, I must have been doing too well even though I'm on medication quite possibly for life and I still hear a voice in my head that isn't my own.

I tried to tell them how my GP often forgets about me, one recent example was when I saw her last month for my yearly checkup and she asked me to have a blood test, she said she'd get back to me about the results but seems to have forgotten about it, it's a damn good job I don't get anxiety over my health, for all I know I may have something wrong with me.

I'm just glad I've settled on a good combination of meds (tolerable side effects) before my discharge but I really need my bloods monitored for cholesterol and liver damage though, my mental health team had me in every three months for checks now I'm stuck with yearly checks if my GP remembers me.

She did tell me that if I need a medication review or get worse she'd be happy to refer me back to the mental health team, whether they'll accept me back I've no idea.

W

WhySoSerious

I was discharged by my care coordinator last February but that was from an early intervention team for psychosis, my three years were up. I asked to be transferred to a longer term team but they refused me, I must have been doing too well even though I'm on medication quite possibly for life and I still hear a voice in my head that isn't my own.

I tried to tell them how my GP often forgets about me, one recent example was when I saw her last month for my yearly checkup and she asked me to have a blood test, she said she'd get back to me about the results but seems to have forgotten about it, it's a damn good job I don't get anxiety over my health, for all I know I may have something wrong with me.

I'm just glad I've settled on a good combination of meds (tolerable side effects) before my discharge but I really need my bloods monitored for cholesterol and liver damage though, my mental health team had me in every three months for checks now I'm stuck with yearly checks if my GP remembers me.

She did tell me that if I need a medication review or get worse she'd be happy to refer me back to the mental health team, whether they'll accept me back I've no idea.
Glad things seem to have settled for you!

Medication that can be managed by the GP should be managed by them. If its fine and doesn't need changing there is no point clogging up the MH service. The voice thing is likely to remain and unless its causing major issues in life, most MH professionals will not see it as a huge problem.

My GP is the same. Unless there is something wrong they don't follow up. I can see why, its more time and hassle calling people to say everything is fine but as you said that can be anxiety provoking for some.