carbamazapine skin rash

loulabelle

loulabelle

Has anyone suffered from skin rash and mouth ulcers. Ever since a dose increase ive developed a nasty rash and sore mouth and ulcers.

Gp has taken bloods and given antihistamines the rash is getting worse !! Back to gp

G

Grey168

Hi loulabelle,
I was on this some years ago now and had very severe reaction to it after a dose increase.. ulcers and skin rash.

I don't know if you have the patient information leaflet that goes with the tablets? Have a look on there.

If you have taken antihistamines and it is worse you really need to get seen to as soon as possible.. is there an out of hours number you can ring ?
I'm so sorry , I know how horrible it is xxx Definitely ask for a same day appointment with the GP otherwise xxx

loulabelle

loulabelle

Well it apears that im having an allergic reaction to the carbamazapine amazing what 200mg increase dose !!! My skin is sore and itchy its horrible !!! Went back to the gp today as it was getting worse ive got to decrease the does, i dont see the point though as the lower dose didnt work.

Im scared my mood is already slipping im stuck on a drug im allergic to and cant increase it, i feel like things are just going to get worse and im going to end up in hospital again.

Ive got the added stress that i may be pregnant as well. After a long chat with my cpn yesterday about everything that happened whilst i was high .

It just appears i fuck up alll the time :'(