• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Car Insurance!/DVLA

A

Angel Feather

is car insurance expensive for people on pills?

and has anyone had their licence taken off them for being on meds?

Help!

Star-28

Star-28

I dont know about the UK but in the US it is none of their damn business. That is irrelevant. I would not even mention your illness or meds or any of that.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
One psychiatrist said if i don't declare it and have an accident the insurance may refuse to pay, i've declared it on the form for a license they sent me a more detailed form to fill out, then gave me a license, as i've never passed a driving test it was provisional, heard after the next parliament they're likely to tighten up on those driving on prescription meds, the insurance costs extra, whether i'm safe driving a motorbike, even with l plates on meds, it's not something i can answer, i know it effects reaction time

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i didnt declare it and it saved me a lot of bother diddy

M

maudikie

maudikie

My son reported it and had no troble gettin his lisence. If you don't report it, have an accident, and they then find out it has not been reported I imagine it might cause a lot of trouble.

shaun3210

shaun3210

I guess its a question you need to ask your doctor if your not sure if you should report it to the DVLA or not.

As for insurance in the paperwork I got from a benefits application I made last year it classed me as now being disabled, so when it was due for renewal I did a searching for both unemployed and disabled just to see if there was any difference, on the whole disabled came out a couple of quid cheaper than being classed as unemployed, which I was a bit surprised about.

J

jumbled

interesting, do you have to declare what meds in voluntary work?