• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Car crash

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Does anyone else have anxiety about car crashes? I got into a really really bad car crash when I was 17. I ran into the back of an SUV in my little car. (I've driven since I was 16). I have neck and back problems because of this to this day.

Well today I witnessed a car crash. That crunching sound scares me. Really bad. Nobody got hurt thank goodness. But it should have been avoided. A person stopped in the intersection (which is illegal) then a truck stopped behind that, then a truck couldn't stop fast enough (we've gotten 8 inches of snow).

It was so scary.

C

ChesireCat

Yea. I've been in a couple. For years after that I didn't want to even be in a car. I still get kind of weird about it.

C

cally75

It's scary :(
Yeah mate. I was in an 80mph motorway pile up. Most horrific thing ever. Ended up in a field upside down. If it wasn't for seat belt I wouldn't be here now. Still got nightmares after 20yrs. Horrible

C

Callalily

That sounds really frightening Linc, I'm not surprised you have a fear of car crashes following that. What a horrible thing for you to witness too :hug1:

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Thanks everyone.

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Ive had a few crashes but luckily they dont affect me. I'm sorry they make you sad:( much love to you x