• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Caplyta, anyone?

N

Notalwaysever

Had my appointment with my doctor today and she said it is brand new and has no patients on it but thinks it could be good for me. I am supposed to start it later this week or early next week. Currently I take Vraylar 6mg and Ativan 2mg but what I was calling anxiety she thinks is paranoia that the Vraylar just isn’t managing. Just wanted to hear some first hand experiences. Thanks!

N

Notalwaysever

I cannot find very much information on this stuff, generic name is lumateperone. It is making me nervous about trying it.

F

fluffpill

i heard about it through instagram. the person who posted it wrote: it's for schizophrenia and it's expensive (more expensive than latuda and prolixin combined). if i were you i would take it. it's new so probably less side effects compared to vraylar (but i am not sure, i haven't read about it in further detail).

F

fluffpill

caplyta only comes in 42mg capsule i think. how would the tapering work in case you need to switch to a different antipsychotic or in case in you need to come off meds?

N

Notalwaysever

caplyta only comes in 42mg capsule i think. how would the tapering work in case you need to switch to a different antipsychotic or in case in you need to come off meds?
my doctor said the caplyta take two weeks to start working so I would take both full strength for three weeks then slowly go down on the Vraylar. I agree it is unusual how it is just available in one dosage.

N

Notalwaysever

I can only find info on FDA studies on it so maybe not. I found a handful of people who have tried it on reddit but that is it. My friend got me even more nervous about switching meds bringing up how bad switches have gone for me in the past.

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
Yeah, when I switched to latuda, Omg that was one of the worst meds I've ever been on! And it's a new antipsychotic, which taught me that just because it's new, doesn't mean it will be better!!!

In case you are wondering, it caused insomnia (could not sleep at all) Annnnd tics! Yes, tics!

N

Notalwaysever

Yeah, when I switched to latuda, Omg that was one of the worst meds I've ever been on! And it's a new antipsychotic, which taught me that just because it's new, doesn't mean it will be better!!!

In case you are wondering, it caused insomnia (could not sleep at all) Annnnd tics! Yes, tics!
I hated Latuda as well. It was supposed to havelike no weight gain and I put on over100lbs in 6 months.

N

Notalwaysever

I hate this stuff, always achy, always tired, just blah.

Schizohayez

Schizohayez

I was on it for 2 months, I didn't do much for my symptoms personally BUT it could help you! the only side effect I had was dry mouth

N

Notalwaysever

The doctor finally took me off of it due to too many side effects.