• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Can't think what to say...

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
Hi all,

I have come on here today in an effort to try to be constructive and offer advice but i really can't think of anything to say. I have not been feeling to well of late, each day i am slipping further into a black hole. I have an appointment with the pdoc tomorrow and will be showing him a mood diary from the past two weeks to show him how i am really feeling. I won't go ann further as i don't wan't to bore people :(

jax

jax

Hope your appointment with Pdoc goes ok. Also hope that you soon begin to feel a little better. Jacqui

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
Just over two hours untill pdoc appointment. I have a mood diary that i have been keeping from the past two weeks to give to him. To be honest i feel like i am slipping further and further down as the days go by. I really can't take much more of this, i feel like i am loosing my grip on life.

J

jamesdean

Hi Colin somedays I'm unable to say anythink and then theres days that I cannot shut up mh effects us all in differant ways I get so parnoid I'm crippled by it some days plus I have physical but you dont see me swinging the lead like some of the people I see in the streets I try no to be judgemental but honestly some of them just pretend they need a walking stick I have afriend with ms and she needs the help but I meet awoman in a wheelchair before christmas n she was nasty real mh conditions are no less than a disability and yet we still try so hard to keep up a front and hide our conditions through fear of the way we are judgeed its terraible that we cannot be treated with the same respect has the person with physical disabilities and I'm speaking has a person with poor physical health but honestly they go around some of them complaining and get top whack dla mobility cars etc and I beleieve the genuine people should get the money but honestly there are days when I'm in so much physical pain that I'm in tears and I had my m obility allowance taken off me because some disabled girl in a wheel chair was on the panel at my tribunal and I had to accept less money on her say so really.
Excuse me if I'm to outspoken but it gets to me real people should get the real money, the woman in the wheelchair looked down her nose at me because I mentioned mh, b***h.it made me :mad:and the guy who looked down his nose at me in swimming pool last week they wouldnt handle my life for one minute these people .
I hope your apoinment goes ok keep your chin up mate best wishes JD

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
Well i seen the pdoc yesterday and let him know how i have been feeling. It turns out the medication is causing negative emotions - the combination of meds is causing heavy drowsiness which is making me feel low and negative. So the quetiapine is to be reduced by 50mg per day to try to stop the reactions. What i have done is to stagger the times i take the meds, i.e, take the citalopram, then 30 minutes later take the carbamazepine and 30 minutes after that take the quetiapine. The pdoc is reducing the strength of the quetiapine by 50mg daily and has told me to let his secritery know if i still get any more side effects.

Decided on an experiment last night and set out to see if laughter really is the best medicine, so i bought a nive big joke book which got me laughing. Today i decided to treat myself and buy a new phone - i kept thinking about this for a while and finnaly thought why the heck not, after all every where has sales on. On another postive, yet suspicious note i have found my post office account to be £70.00 UP. No one has access to the account apart from my self and the DWP who pay the money in. Very strange. I don't know if this is a back payment or if there has been an increase in my benefit payment.

J

jamesdean

I think colin its a one off payment that the goverment is paying because of hardship there was something in the sunday papers last week, so you enjoy the bonus, hows the new phone, if i get the payment I' going to get new curtains mine are shabby and dont keep any heat in the room and are about 5 inchs above the floor. take care james:D

D

Dollit

That money could be a cold weather payment Colin - a few of us have had them this week.

Glad you're able to start thinking positive again. R always reckons if you have a look at all the ordinary reasons why you should be feeling c*** and it's none of them then you're allowed to give in and let it happen.

jax

jax

I got an extra £60. A lot of my friends have too. For some reason the DHSS did not announce this payment. I found out about it a few weeks ago on another website.
Hope you do ok of fthe Seroquel. I have been on it for 3 years. I still feel sedation from it. I am on 800 mgs and my Pdoc is thinking of increasing it. I am not sure I could take any more of it!!
Enjoy spending your £70.00! :LOL:

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
The extra money came in handy, neede some new clothes. Feeling a bit strange today like i'm tripping and nothing seems real - then again it could just be from feeling low these past couple of weeks. Not a bad low as i'm still able to function, though less than normaly. I have been refered to a psychologist as i may be sufferering with anxiety, oh well another scratch to add to the bed post.