• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Can't take it anymore

MagicJay

MagicJay

I know my emotions are unstable, I understand they control me but I need them to stop :(

Some of you know about me and my ex it isn't getting any easier at times I either feel nothing at all just numb to the world like we weren't together the other is this extreme emotional pain it hurts so much, I think about how much I miss her and all the good and don't understand how sometimes I'm just numb .

I just don't want this pain but the numbness isn't any better I don't care about anyone when I'm like that I can't win go got see the psychiatrist on friday :(

LittleRed

LittleRed

I'm sorry that you're feeling so low and going through such a hard time. It's probably not much help to say this but what you're going through sounds like a completely normal reaction to losing someone. You're grieving. It's going to take a while to come out the other end but you can do it.

katya

katya

I'm sorry that you're feeling so low and going through such a hard time. It's probably not much help to say this but what you're going through sounds like a completely normal reaction to losing someone. You're grieving. It's going to take a while to come out the other end but you can do it.
I agree. Break-ups are shockingly hard, but you'll get through this. I'm so sorry you're feeling this way, but this pain won't be forever. Wish you the best.

MagicJay

MagicJay

I couldn't sleep all night when I finally drop off my alarms goes to get up for uni my moods are all over the place I'm so irritatable travelling 2 hours to uni now won't get back home till 7pm tonight feeling like I want to die at the moment this is going be a bad day :'(

LittleRed

LittleRed

Did you manage to get to uni today with feeling so rough? If so, i both admire and envy your strength and determination. It shows that you still care and that says a lot about you. Plus it's April now , just 2 more months (ish) and you'll have finished this academic year. What are you studying?
I missed loads of lectures when i was at uni and had to repeat my first year; all down to my mental health. I eventually got pretty wise to picking which modules i could teach myself at home so i could still pass despite missing about 2/3 of my lectures. That strategy sometimes means you don't get quite the marks you deserve but you pass.
This is a bit of a rambly message but i guess what I'm trying to say is that your posts in the forum suggest you're in a lot of pain but that you don't really want to die; that you're doing your best to fight it and keep going despite the odds; which is amazing. With regards to the studying, you need to put your health first. You may have to quit if just having it there constantly stressing you out is making you ill. However, maybe it's better to keep going, skipping some if you need to and sleeping (easier said than done i know all too well ), and risking failure rather than quitting.

Anyway, there's the well - intended two cents off a strange lady on the net. (Always worried I'll piss someone off or worse, make them feel worse).

I sincerely hope that you feel better very soon.

MagicJay

MagicJay

I did manage force my self to go wasn't easy and didn't want be there but still, I'm on a foundation year in computer meant to be going on the cyber security this September but not sure if carry or not it true I'm fighting my hardest but not sure if see the point anymore :( you haven't made me feel worse or anything it's good that you posted.

So I went to my appointment and he has upgraded my tablets again and I should be hearing off someone for DBT, he tried to give me hope by saying "My mind is just different because of my illness, it is like a wild horse and trying train it eventually it will be trained with help just will take time." not like I believe any of it, I'm just not meant for this world.