• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Can't stop crying

W

whatstheproblem?

This may seem pathetic but my constantly bursting into tears without warning is really affecting all aspects of my life... I'm sure other people must have this problem and was just wondering how you deal with it?? :confused: I would love to be able to stop myself crying but it seems the harder I try the more it comes!! :redface:

T

TOONAFISH

I cry a lot. If people ask me how I am or act sympathetically it is hard to keep control and I usually end up crying. I have gotten a bit less bothered about it especially infront of my friends. but i do feel they must be sick of me.

((((whatstheproblem))))

L

loonatoon

I get it too, randomly when watching TV not necessarily something upsetting, but my mind starts going on overtime and i think horrible thoughts and just start crying!

the other day at work i was flapping around trying to get stuff done and the boss took me to one side and asked how i was doing and i just broke down. my job isnt particularly stressfull, it must be a combination of everthing.

I'm avoidant of some friends because they truly don't understand, how can they when I dont!

Talking on here has helped me, I'm here to listen and learn.

Take care xxxx

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

It's not pathetic, I'm sure there's lots of us on here that cry a lot. I know I do, at home, work, anywhere. My doc knows how things are within the first few seconds I walk through the door cos if things are going ok I'm not crying! I used to get really embarrassed about it but I'm not quite as worried now. If I cry at work (I'm a teacher in a girls school) then I can find myself in a group hug with 30 teenage girls!