• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Can't stop crying today

Ineedhelp2921

Ineedhelp2921

I don't know why but I can't stop crying today. I had a bit of a busy morning doing the laundry, feeding and walking the dog etc and when I was getting ready, I got a text from work saying that I hadn't done something. And when I got that, Ive been spiralling into this emotional pit. I'm not sure why, it wasn't anything major.
And then later one my mums friend came round for a chat. And I heard my mum talking about a situation that triggered my mental breakdown last year, she played it down like "oh yeah she got a bit upset". Thankfully it wasn't a full on conversation, just a comment.
Im having these intrusive thoughts now such as: I'm a burden, No wants me in their life, I'm a failure. I can't stop these thoughts, and now I can't stop crying.

People were asking me before If I was ok as I was rather quiet, I know they mean well but sometimes I just need some time alone to process how I'm feeling. It's like poking me with a stick.

I've been fine for a while, until today. But Ive been working and not having to do so much overthinking and today I'm a blubbering mess.

G

goodgollymiss

Sometimes I get so upset that I can't even cry

S

Sugaree

I couldn’t stop crying today. I had a problem with health insurance and that sent me into a downward spiral. It’s an awful feeling and the intrusive thoughts are still there. I am ok now but worried that one phone call or comment will drag me down tomorrow. I hope you are feeling better. You are not alone in your tears.

wraziel

wraziel

Cry if you need it. Not be ashamed about that. Worst thing is let "that" consumes you by inside.

J

JeanPierre

I don't know why but I can't stop crying today. I had a bit of a busy morning doing the laundry, feeding and walking the dog etc and when I was getting ready, I got a text from work saying that I hadn't done something. And when I got that, Ive been spiralling into this emotional pit. I'm not sure why, it wasn't anything major.
And then later one my mums friend came round for a chat. And I heard my mum talking about a situation that triggered my mental breakdown last year, she played it down like "oh yeah she got a bit upset". Thankfully it wasn't a full on conversation, just a comment.
Im having these intrusive thoughts now such as: I'm a burden, No wants me in their life, I'm a failure. I can't stop these thoughts, and now I can't stop crying.

People were asking me before If I was ok as I was rather quiet, I know they mean well but sometimes I just need some time alone to process how I'm feeling. It's like poking me with a stick.

I've been fine for a while, until today. But Ive been working and not having to do so much overthinking and today I'm a blubbering mess.
I know it's not true that no one wants you in their life.
It's okay, have a good cry.
I cry everyday. ✌

J

JeanPierre

How are you doing today? It's beautiful here. I hope the same for you. ❤✌

Ineedhelp2921

Ineedhelp2921

I think we could all do hug and also some icecream. I'm doing ok now, I think crying helps a lot. sometimes we hold stuff in without even realising and we just gotta let it out

G

goodgollymiss

Much better after the hugs