• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Can't stand party culture

C

CKnow

Sometime in middle school I developed extremely bad social anxiety, to the point where I could hardly talk to someone. This lasted through high school and to college (where I am now), but faded somewhat over time.

I never partied or went out, but I've developed a sort of hatred for party culture, especially involving girls. For whatever reason, I just can't stand the idea of innocent girls drinking, doing drugs, and especially hooking up. I don't have a rational reason, just the thought of girls partying and hooking up makes me feel so sick that I want to throw up. It might sound silly, but a huge amount of my time is spent thinking about this and I just can't help it. Does anyone know what this could be?

Kerome

Kerome

It sounds like deep down you're starved of social activity with women and girls, that you're starting to hate other people getting what is not available to you. I suggest you speak to your doctor about treatment of your social anxiety, and afterwards gently get women and girls involved in your life. I'd suggest social activities and clubs where they might be involved. Perhaps a salsa dancing class, or ballroom, or something artistic. That's generally a better way to get to know girls than just hooking up with them at parties, and is more likely to lead to a fulfilling relationship later.

Good luck! ;)

SarahD

SarahD

Hi CKnow

Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

I am glad your social anxiety has eased.

Sorry you have been left with these intrusive thoughts. I don't know enough to tell you why this has happened, but if it is seriously impacting on your life perhaps you could try counselling to help you find a way through this.

I hope someone else may have some ideas.

The forum is a friendly place. I hope you will find it helpful.

Best wishes

Sarah

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Anxiety Forum 8
R Anxiety Forum 10
Taffy Anxiety Forum 4
S Anxiety Forum 1
Marsie Anxiety Forum 7