• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

can't sleep

StillFighting

StillFighting

It's almost 1:30 a.m. and I can't sleep; I feel so tired, my body is so tired, and I just can't.

Everything feels too much at the moment, and I'm not even sure why.

I just don't understand. I went exercising today; then I went walking; I did something useful by trying to prep for some interviews. I did stuff. And at the end of the day I was tired. But once I went to bed... everything is just so overwhelming and depressing.. and I feel so hopeless and helpless.. and I don't even understand why :cry:

V

Viktoria

I'm sorry you feel so bad. I can't sleep either (and it's gone 1.30am here too). Is there anything relaxing you can do? A cup of tea with honey or a book you can read for a while? Anything to make you tired. X

P

Purple butterfly

I typed out advice but it was all ski wiff so I'm just going to give you a :hug5: instead I hope you can sleep soon x

StillFighting

StillFighting

Thanks. Actually, I already feel quite tired physically. And I did when I went to bed. But once I turned off the light, it was like my mind went on panic/overwhelming sadness mode.

life2live

life2live

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I typed out advice but it was all ski wiff so I'm just going to give you a :hug5: instead I hope you can sleep soon x
I guess avatar was long but I loved it, kinda like "dancing with wolves" with aliens.

V

Viktoria

Can you try and go to a happy place in your thoughts? My therapist asked me to create a safe place. I chose the seven year old me walking through the fields of flowers and sheep. Could you think of a happy memory that you can relive?

StillFighting

StillFighting

I don't think I can do this right now, I'm so sorry. :(

I just feel that everything about myself/my life sucks right now. I feel that I'll never be mentally stable enough to get a job. I feel very alone - I have very few friends, and neither them nor my family understand what it's like to suffer from depression. They suggest and expect me to snap out of it, which is very dismissive.

I don't like my therapist. I have found a new one - but I need to go to my GP to get a referral. And then stop treatment with my current therapist. And then make appointment with the new therapist. And all this while I'm trying to send CVs and prep for interviews. It all just feels too much. :cry:

I'm so sorry.. I feel so bad for writing this, and I don't like that I paint everything black.. but I really needed to get this out of my system. :cry:

Gajolene

Gajolene

I can understand how your feeling having to change therapists, booking new appointments and having to go through it all again with a new person. But as your username states your "still fighting" to regain your health. Don't give up, you'll know when you find the right therapist for you.
If you don't have a happyplace you can try watching meditation music video's from youtube to distract away from your obsessive thoughts. I'm glad you were able to get your feelings out hope that helps a little at least.

V

Viktoria

Do vent if it relieves. That's what this place is for :) I'm sorry I can't be of much help.
Maybe break what you need to do down into chunks and write down what you're going to do when so it doesn't overwhelm you. I don't know.
I hope you can fall asleep soon. Hugs x

StillFighting

StillFighting

Thank you so much. Actually, I feel a bit more relieved that I have said all that. It was all bottled up inside... I guess I needed to talk about it. It's been so stressful, everything..

Maybe I can try to find a happy place, I don't know. I'm trying to think what that might be.

keepsafe

keepsafe

It can be anything you like, that you find restful and peaceful, safe and calming - go for it.

KS
xx

A

amber1

StillFighting, I struggle hugely with loneliness too especially when I am very down like now. I relate entirely to what you have posted and it made me feel slightly less alone so thank you for sharing and please feel free to write what you are feeling. One thing I always remember about depression is it's great when it stops or lifts! So try to hold on. Look for whatever chinks of light you can find in the course of the day. I hope today is a better one for you.

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The light from tablets, phones & computer screens doesnt help at all with sleep so i resist using my tablet before I'm ready to sleep. I try practise clean sleep routine, no caffeine in the pm... Nice warm milky drink, horlicks type thing. Apparently bananas help too?
Supposed to be no pets in bed but when im home i disobey that.

A

Aniket

It is because you are thinking too much. May be you are stressed about something or their is something which is bothering you. Try not to think much. as your body is very tired, and to feel relaxed you need good sleep. Before going to bed, wash your feet with cold water to feel more relaxed. Take deep breath or try reading books. That may help you.

It happens with everyone at some point of time..but relax, it's normal. Don't worry!!:hug1:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SicklyBloom Depression Forum 7
R Depression Forum 24
R Depression Forum 3
R Depression Forum 3
Fairy Lucretia Depression Forum 4