• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Can't sleep properly

A

Ada888

I haven't been sleeping properly for the last couple of weeks. I do all that sleep hygiene stuff, go to bed and get out of bed at the same time every day, my room is comfortable. I've tried drinking hot milk, or taking Nytol. I write in my journal everyday to try to empty my mind of worries. After a couple of nights of bad sleep (about 4/5 hours, I NEED 8!!!) I take Zopiclone. However, I am aware that prolonged use (a month?) and I might get dependent on it. Having good quality sleep is VERY important for me because otherwise I get tense, anxious, paranoid and hear voices. What do other people do to get a good night's sleep?:confused:

Q

quigon

Sprinkle a few drops of pure lavender oil on my pillow.

S

starfish

dolores

lavender oil is good. also a walk inthe fress air can help.

S

starfish

dolores

sorry about the typing error.i also read a library book before settling down for the night.:oops:

A

Ada888

I spray lavender oil on my pillow and also use lavender lotion. I'm not a big reader. I get racing thoughts when I try to sleep and also my heart beats loudly. Sometimes I turn the light on and write down my thoughts to try to unburden my mind, but alot of the time this doesn't work. I don't want to get addicted to sleep medication. I keep a diary of my sleep to keep track of what I take every night.

S

smith

do lot of work that requires physical labour. in the evening u will feel jaded and would like to go 2 bed for sound sleep

A

Ada888

do lot of work that requires physical labour. in the evening u will feel jaded and would like to go 2 bed for sound sleep
This is a good point, Smith, I know that I don't do enough exercise. I should do more to tire myself out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Talina Wellbeing 13
Mario82 Wellbeing 10
I Wellbeing 5
B Wellbeing 9