• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Can't sleep Again-what to do?

R

redrachel

So: 600mg of quetiapine plus diazepam and still, every time I've put my head on that pillow- my thoughts of shite are there again just going round and round again.
Hoping this not a sign of anything getting worse since there's so much that I need and want to do at the mo.
It' wasn't even a particularly unpleasant day.
My record for this in the past was not going to bed at all for 3 nights. But not on meds then. And seriously bonkers by the end of it.
Was tempted to go and put the lights on my bike tonight and spend a few hours cycling round and round in the night til I was knackered but seem to recall this kind of tactic hasn't worked well in the past. Anyway, the front tyres flat and I can't find the bloody bicycle pump. Does anyone else get this no sleep thing? Any tips on how to deal with it?
Nearly didn't go to my dance class tonite cos marks on my arms from s/h... but managed to put some make up on then and went which was good. But now this bloody no sleep thing again. It terrifies me becos of all the thoughts which can come in. Really I just need a massive hammer I can bang my head with. DONK!
Hate myself for not being able to do something as straightforward as sleep.

Mark_01

Mark_01

Not uncommon. The "issues" were keeping me awake and sleepless, sometimes I'd get 3hrs of troubled sleep. My doctor rotated a few drugs, and added Risperidone. Now I'm getting a full 8, though it takes me awhile to really wake up.

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

I understand where you are coming from its very frustrating when you cannot sleep I have insomnia on and off and when it strikes it's horrid, I don't know what to suggest really, my doc has prescribed me zopiclone which is strictly only allowed to be taken no more than 3nights in a row as it can become addictive and the more you take the more tolerant your body becomes.... sorry I'm not much help xx

bobshocker

bobshocker

Former member
i had four zoplicone last night.

C

Celtic Class

Bob - you are flippin' lucky you are prescribed so many!! But maybe not. There are people on here addicted to them. My CPN has told ME the trick is to get me on an AD that gets me to sleep. Venlafaxine seriously disrupts the sleep pattern - which is WHY I came off it. I'd sleep better if my wee fat dog stopped snoring, lol!

Z

zappymoon

G o_O d
M o R n I n G

I went without sleep for 4 days once. My body was aching my eyes were dry, I came over hot, weak, faint, gasping for breath, was trying to see if I get to sleep without medication. The only thing that helped ME was Olanzapine. But was also hearing and seeing things as well. This drug is fantastic and a life saver, but does have some side effects. Drowsiness, increased appetite the main ones. Also my eyes look glazed when I have taken it, as I remembered today, when I was getting those extra funny look, I don't know what they think, maybe I take drugs or drink...........

The other thing that helps me is if I have been busy, and cut down on my excessive tea drinking.

Song: Bill Wilthers – Lovely Day 1983

Last edited:
R

redrachel

Aaah like the song choice zappymoon and looks like it's going to be a lovely day here today (Kent, UK) for a change. Agree with you about the being busy/active thing BUT not too late at night cos otherwise I go into 'overdrive'. Went out last night with some good company, had a couple of beers, took a bit LESS meds, and some bedtime activity all added up to a much better night's sleep. Even managed a funny dream-never had dreams (that I could recall) OR slept properly before I was on the meds. So that's my current recipe for a good night's sleep. Also just realised haven't been spelling recipe right for years. One of my less serious mistakes!!! Hope you're all sleeping OK at the mo...

M

manic miner

Former member
The world is divided into 2.

Those that can spell zipliclone and those that can sleep.

I sleep perfectly.

Z

zappymoon

“*‚*‚*‚*‚*‚*‚
*‚*,GOOD,*‚*
“*‚NIGHT‚*‚
‚¦.*‚*‚*‚¦.

These B****y Pills, that's the downside makes me drowsy.

Last edited:
M

manic miner

Former member
Seems like you have become the perfect mental patient. Congratulations.

You need to take a step back. Find out what foods will help you with bipolar and tweak your diet.

You also need to remove bad habits that are stopping you from sleeping and introduce good sleep hygiene.

The speeding thoughts then subside. If you make an effort then to sideline them they will go for good.

Can't help you with the sex problem Im sexually inexperienced. (Im allowed one fib)

R

redrachel

Ooooh! have I missed something??? I don't think anyone mentioned a problem with sex??? My only problem with it is I enjoy it a bit too much! I was talking about SLEEPING and I do not have the kind of sex which you can sleep through...although come to think of it..logically...how do I know that's true???

Z

zappymoon

(✿◠‿◠) ♪♫•* I'm Wishing on a Star. – Rose Royce *•♫♪

Z

zappymoon

Good morning, afternoon, evening & night

:whistle:

I am still in the music thing stage, but getting a bit worried, listening to a lot a sad songs, could be coming down ohh dear!!!

My love to you all, may need to take another tablet tonight, as, you suggested, well how I interpreted it, it would help to sleep at the right times.

02:39am

Last edited: