• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

can't sleeeeeeeeep!

M

magicman2002

im the same at the moment I haven't slept proper for 4 nights now about 4 hours sleep at max each night how long u been like this

I

iamfunky

Ive always had trouble sleeping, apart from when I was on quetiapine!! Im ok when I get to sleep, I could sleep for hours, its getting there thata hard!!

K

kaya9

I never knew people w/bi-polar had so much trouble sleeping like me...in a crunch a can use some benedryl. My problem is not falling asleep but waking up to go pee or something...and then the brain clicks on.... -_-

S

SandalwoodSummer

Try ipsrt. Interpersonal and social rhythm therapy.

We have to accept insomnia as part of bipolar disorder. I have dim lighting in my front room and read or paint or iisten to calm music. I don't go to bed until tired. Ipsrt says don't even read in bed. I read if I wake up in the middle of the night and then try and sleep again.

Even if I don't sleep until 2am I still get up at 9am.

T

Topcat

If I'm 'up' and not tired, I don't realise the time (like last night - was 2am and wide awake), and apart from weekends my alarm goes off at 6.50am.
But I find most times, if I lay in bed with my eyes shut, I do go off to sleep even if I don't feel tired. There are odd times I'll be up all night, but maybe I just have a knack for sleep, I dunno.
I know I'm 'up' when after 4hrs sleep (oh, plus I dream loads more when I do go to sleep) I pop awake feeling buzzy and bright.

Its funny, if I don't sleep, I'm still awake the next day, physically, but am pretty brain dead. Like my brain is super tired, I just can't feel it.

But the propensity to waffle shite when I'm supposed to be getting the kids ready for school is higher..... Ahem...... Better go!
X

BlueBerry

BlueBerry

I've been suffering from a very low depressive mood at the worst possible time. My dissertation is due in a week, ans I'm just struggling to summon the motivation to finish it.

If I was in one of my higher hyper moods, I could stay awake all night firing into it... instead I'm getting really tired and sleepy and I'm severely lacking in energy and I really wish I could stay awake and work.

S

stella

Need to get some zzzzz but can't switch the brain off
my therapist recomended me to play a mental 'link-a-word' game when I couldn't sleep and it really helps me, I get so bored finding the next word that I fall asleep hahahahaha I hope you get you're sleep soon