• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Can't shake it

W

WanderingA

I'm so tired.. physically mentally in every way possible. I was feeling sort of back to normal then the start of Dec I had covid. Since then I feel so tired. It's hard to find joy in anything. I feel like I'm walking around plastering this fake smile and fake laughs. I'm keeping myself busy. My anxiety hit me really hard last night. I managed to calm myself down but I still feel it hovering around. I just don't know what to do anymore. It doesn't matter how hard I try or what I change health wise nothing helps. I don't drink I don't smoke no drugs no caffeine I eat relatively healthy. I've had bloods and tests done nothing has come up. Therapy dosent work as my anxiety has no root cause. There's no trigger. It's absolutely ridiculous... I genuinely don't know what to do anymore 😔😔😔

F

Fairy Rapunzel

I'm sorry you're dealing with anxiety. It's so scary whenever an anxiety attack happens. Are you taking medication? After many years I feel like I finally have the medication that works for me and things have improved. Finding the right kind of medication can help a lot. I hope you feel better soon!

W

WanderingA

I'm sorry you're dealing with anxiety. It's so scary whenever an anxiety attack happens. Are you taking medication? After many years I feel like I finally have the medication that works for me and things have improved. Finding the right kind of medication can help a lot. I hope you feel better soon!
Hey thank you for your reply. Yes I'm taking propranolol which works really well to enable me to calm my anxiety quicker. I'm just so tired of feeling this way. Plastering a fake happiness everyday is so exhausting!. And the deeper I fall into my depression my anxiety heightens. I definitely think without my depression I wouldn't have my anxiety as much.. and it would be easier to control of that makes sense.. I just don't know how to pull myself out. I know my depression kicks in more when it's that time of the month but mine are so irregular even when I don't get a normal period I still get the whole depression and cramps literally a normal period just without the bleeding.. It's very strange!.

F

Fairy Rapunzel

Hey thank you for your reply. Yes I'm taking propranolol which works really well to enable me to calm my anxiety quicker. I'm just so tired of feeling this way. Plastering a fake happiness everyday is so exhausting!. And the deeper I fall into my depression my anxiety heightens. I definitely think without my depression I wouldn't have my anxiety as much.. and it would be easier to control of that makes sense.. I just don't know how to pull myself out. I know my depression kicks in more when it's that time of the month but mine are so irregular even when I don't get a normal period I still get the whole depression and cramps literally a normal period just without the bleeding.. It's very strange!.
Yeah trying to be positive each day isn't easy at all. Talking to a doctor about all of this would be a good idea and maybe they can also help find out more about your depression and anxiety. Maybe you need another medication? I know how stressful it can be when it comes to medication and finding what works for you. But it's good that the medication you're taking seems to help a bit. I know you mentioned that therapy wouldn't help with the anxiety. When did the anxiety start for you? For me, it mostly has to do with other people and it's been that way since I was a child. I can't even go outside alone because I feel like I'll have a panic attack most of the time. But maybe negative experiences in life can cause our anxiety to become worse. I hope you find out what is causing this anxiety and I hope you find the help you need!

W

WanderingA

@Fairy Rapunzel I feel like my medication is going ok. I get head fog and a few side affects but it's better than having full blown panic attacks. I've tried talking to my doctor and they just chuck me different pills. It's absolutely ridiculous so I don't go to the doctor's anymore. Only when I have an evaluation on my propranolol. I found out recently that you can get anxiety symptoms from having an overactive or underactive thyroid so I might get a blood test for that just to be sure as alot of my symptoms are the same as thyroid problems.. I've under gone alot of different therapy councillors and doctors and we can't seem to find out why I have anxiety. What makes me panic one day I will be fine about the next day. I got diagnosed 4 years ago. First they thought it was vertigo so gave me meds for that but it wasn't helping then when she sat me down and got me to explain everything she said she thought it sounds like anxiety. I'm sorry your going through this too it's absolutely awful!. Thank you so much for taking the time to talk to me. It definitely helps being able to talk to someone that knows what it's like. People I talk to I just feel like I'm talking to a wall as they don't know how it feels.. thank you

F

Fairy Rapunzel

I completely understand what you mean about doctors. I've been dealing with doctors for my mental illness for several years and it's just been mostly stress. I tried so many medications and had to deal with weight gain or feeling like a zombie. It's scary. I'm wishing you good luck and I hope that you find a way to solve all of this. I also hope the doctors will help you and listen to what it is you're going through. I'm sure you'll find the answers soon and if you ever need people to talk to about anxiety or anything, this forum is here and people are very kind and supportive. Wishing the best for you!

W

WanderingA

@Fairy Rapunzel thank you so much for your help and support. I too wish you all the best on your journey too. Thank you for listening to me and helping me think about things. It really helps when you have someone to talk to.. 🤗🤗🤗🤗