• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

cant mind over matter OCD need real changes

J

Johntron9999

i get intrusive thoughts of harm, sad thoughts of family passing away etc. people say just dont dwell on them. you cant do that it seems theres a REAL imbalance with the brain. when the fear centre of your brain, or chemicals are not responding right i dont think it matters what kind of speech or talk someone says your mind is stuck and needs a different approach. i have depression but ive realized that the main issue is anxiety and OCD ruining my life. anyone have success with magic mushrooms to relax there mind?? im taking cipralex which says its for OCD and anxiety but its not working worth ANYTHING. would anafranil actually be a more useful medication?? people says it works better for ocd ?? in need of solutions the dont worry your not a monster or verbal support really does not help. i wish it did tho. anyone have any remedies that really got there life back?

Schitzoaffective007

Schitzoaffective007

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hallucinagenic drugs can make the mind worse... potentially forever....otherwise doctor's would be prescribing it. Ask your doctor what he recommends you take for your symptoms. Medication is trial and error and can take a long time to find out what works. The quicker you start...the better.

J

Johntron9999

Hallucinagenic drugs can make the mind worse... potentially forever....otherwise doctor's would be prescribing it. Ask your doctor what he recommends you take for your symptoms. Medication is trial and error and can take a long time to find out what works. The quicker you start...the better.
hallucinegenics havent been studies like they have been in the past decade before. now there is alot of research showing how it can open the brain up from ocd and depression that you have not read up on. its deffinitley something to look into.

M

Mister_Fabulous formerly BetaMale

in need of solutions the dont worry your not a monster or verbal support really does not help. i wish it did tho. anyone have any remedies that really got there life back?
Mindfulness meditation.

I've been locked in a constant battle with OCD for 15 years now. I've found that practising mindfulness has an effect analogous to being on antidepressants. While I certainly haven't been cured of OCD, my symptoms are like 60 percent better when I practise. For a cool mindfulness app, see www.wakingup.com

I would advise you to approach this without skepticism as there is a lot of research about how mindfulness changes the brain. Here's a link I just found: International OCD Foundation | Mindfulness and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for OCD However, if you're biased against mindfulness because you think it has religious connotations or is just "New Age bullshit", you will be depriving yourself of a great opportunity to improve your mental health.