Can't listen to music as i get messages inplanted in my mind

fazza

fazza

I thought I was getting better but I still cannot listen to Animals by pink floyd. It seems to trigger my voices telling me to end it all in a specific way. Does anyone else get messages from music. Should I tell my Pdoc about this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Parayana

Parayana

I'd tell him if I were you Fazza. I don't get voices from music but I have had secret messages hidden in songs on the radio many years ago.

Unique1

Unique1

Hi Fazza.

Yeh I would mention it to your pdoc.

Unique x

W

whosebob

It still happends to me but I ignore it. Listen to good music though, something positive.

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

I thought I was getting better but I still cannot listen to Animals by pink floyd. It seems to trigger my voices telling me to end it all in a specific way. Does anyone else get messages from music. Should I tell my Pdoc about this.
That's interesting. I often hear my name mentioned in songs and can hear hidden messages that others miss out on. The odd thing is my voices tell me when that part of the song is coming and so I usually hear the same message each time. Might be why if I try to sing certain songs I mess up the lyrics as I never hear the same song other people do. I like Pink Floyd but have never heard that song. Ill have to look it up. I couldn't tell you what songs have messages implanted for me as there are so many that I have lost track honestly.

burt tomato

burt tomato

I think it is normal to relate to songs, but it is also a schizophrenic symptom to feel that it is personal to you.

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

Yeah ive always known what my diagnoses is. I had an uncle with schizophrenia so ive had a pretty good idea what was going on. Guess I wont be too shocked when I get diagnosed officially. Hey Burt I thought of our conversation about peanut butter as I wanted PB cookies earlier. I never really thought about it.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Yeah ive always known what my diagnoses is. I had an uncle with schizophrenia so ive had a pretty good idea what was going on. Guess I wont be too shocked when I get diagnosed officially. Hey Burt I thought of our conversation about peanut butter as I wanted PB cookies earlier. I never really thought about it.
It was only because I ordered a box of american candy, and most of it was peanut butter based. I like peanut butter too. It is tasty!!

In the UK we like our tea, chips and curry!

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

It was only because I ordered a box of american candy, and most of it was peanut butter based. I like peanut butter too. It is tasty!!

In the UK we like our tea, chips and curry!
I just thought it was funny. I told my sister about it and she pointed out the sign in the grocery store that aisle 14 I think it was was for breakfast and peanut butter. Then the next aisle over I found 2 seperate flavors of peanut butter Oreo's®. I love curry. Jamaican, Thai, Indian, Pakistani all are delicious. The only hot tea I really care for is earl grey. Mostly we drink our tea cold here.

Gajolene

Gajolene

I had an uncle with schizophrenia so ive had a pretty good idea what was going on.
This must make it even more scary for you knowing how it effected your uncle, It took the boys a long time to accept they were ill. They're father was very violent, delusional and frightening when he was manic and rapid cycling and they were so scared this would happen to them.

Even though their father is listed as bipolar, I believe scitzoaffective was the true diagnoses for him as his delusions continue between manic episodes. Being told you have a delusional/psychotic illness when you have seen the bad effects in family members is terrifying. Have to admitt it was pretty terrifying for me to coming to the conclusion that their dads family had a history of the illness when they came home ill almost 20 years actually after I had divorced their dad. I never suspected scitzophrenia in the family as of their fathers diagnosis being bipolar all those years ago.

Turns out neither of the boys symptoms were as bad as what they had seen in their dad, violence and volitility symptoms. JS' were similar but not as extreme as he had empathy and emotion while manic when his dad did not while ill and for JD his symptoms were very different from his father.

So just remember you are unique and your symptoms are unique to you. You may end up with very different symptoms to your uncle as well.
Huge hugs.

Last edited:
Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

Thank you Gajolene always helpful as usual. You mention JS had empathy during an episode. I don't often remember what occurs during mine and if I do I forget it soon. I usually do whatever I please during an episode and rarely care how it affects others. I don't remember much of my uncle as he died when I was very young. He accidently set his house on fire and died trying to extinguish the flames. The scary part was I already had voices by this point. I think I was 6. My voices never really scare me even when they show me nasty images etc. I guess because they've been on board so long.

Gajolene

Gajolene

That's the really hard part about the manic episodes isn't it, the not remembering what you did while manic. I can understand why when your told what has happened that is just seems too incredible to believe. JD's voices I think have been there a lot longer than he let on to, his don't scare him and are always happy. Once he had a vision of satan show up at the end of his bed, I asked him if it scared him and he told me no, he laughed at him and the vision got incredibly embarassed and ran away. He thought it was funny. He realizes when he has visual hallucinations but his grandious delusions bring him a lot of confusion as it causes a lot of false memories for him that are every bit as real as the real memories. He has never had a manic episode.

JS gets the conspiracy voices calling his name mainly, when manic he hears auditory hallucinations of people (women and children)being hurt through walls and coming from outside and gets really upset he can't do anything to help those people, and when we can't hear it too, if he's manic he will rage pace, punch walls, kick doors and such, but has never threatened anyone but will yell and want to call police to report it and get into a great panic over it. He's had the bug delusions and delusional paraniod beliefs about Nirubu as well. They usually pass within 40 minutes to a couple hours. He can't believe it when we say we can hear it, then we are in on the conspiracy as well and it becomes part of the delusion and he will rage over that. When he comes out of mania because he doesn't remember, he thinks we are lying to him about what happened. He can't imagine himself ever doing those things. He hasn't had those symptoms in a long time now with his meds working. He still will see shadow people out of the corners of his eyes sometimes or get paranioa's of being laughed at watched when outside or hear faint distant voices now, but he copes really well and hasn't been manic in well over a year, almost two now.

Just to add with the empathy, their dad when manic lost all his empathy, didn't care how much people were upset, crying, scared of him, couldn't understand it. Yet had lots of empathy when not ill.
JS is like me and cares to much and is very empathic even when he is manic, his emotions heighten rather than diminish.
JD has a hard time with empathy because of his disorganized thinking and has the more classic scitzophrenic symptoms where he may laugh inappropriately at a funeral, or get upset over a happy event, he doesn't notice the emotions of people around him I think because his mind is so busy distinguishing between what is real and what isn't. It can be quite disconcerting if your not used to being around him.

Last edited:
Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

I used to think I was the only one that saw shadow people but I have learner differently through the forum. My shadow people peer at me from around corners and when I look in their direction they retreat. I once had a mailbox turn into a demon as I was driving then it just morphed back into a mailbox. I also saw Jesus when I was 9 which at the time worried me but I have come to believe was just a hallucination. I can relate to hallucinations being real memories. I recently had a 4 foot black snake get into the house through a crack in the wall (snakes scare the piss out of me) and I ran to get something to kill it with and came back with a machete and it was gone. Then it came back later and I couldn't bring myself to hurt it so I helped it back through the crack. After it was over looking back on the event I remember it having the pattern of a cobra on its scales and now I wonder if it ever happened at all as cobras obviously aren't native to the US.