• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

cant just rely on the meds

M

memyself and b

My moods are all over at the moment so I have decided to write down the things I should be doing to help myself as its so easy to forget and slip when you are poorly, plus it might help others too???

1 take your meds, if they are not working make your doc listen to change
2 try to get sleep;;an hour before bed have no stimulation ie;tv
;have a relaxing bath with lavender
;write down all thoughts, get everything out of your head
;get into a bed that was aired and made earlier so its not messy
;dim the lights
;relax your body, start with toes and tell them they are tired and go to sleep and work your way up
3 know your triggers; most moods are triggered so you can work out what some of them are so you can try to prevent the severity of the swing next time
4 write everything down
5 keep a mood tracker
6 diet
7 routine
8 take things as it comes
9 try to get out of the house once a day
10 tomorrows another day

well feel better for doing that plus ive just cycled 5 miles in half an hour, not linford christie speed i know but its a start STOP IT WITH THE NEGATIVITY im sorry no negativity allowed here, 5miles in 30 mins is bloody good going and a loss of 161 calories!!!:clap::clap::clap:(y)

S

suki1066

well done you its always great when someone is being positive and looking at ways to self help, be proud of yourself xx:clap:

lulubelle

lulubelle

Brilliant positiivity- and brilliant advice! Well done on the cycling!!:clap:

M

mad as a hatter

think that,s very true about the meds and it,s a problem i have i expect 2 do more than they do and i find it very frustrating when they do so i,ve started walking my dog again cause i was leaving it up 2 some 1 else not good really

M

memyself and b

thanks all i have learnt over the years and it took me a long time to realise that meds on there own dont work its a whole lifestyle change, not just for the patient but for whoever is close to them and until you realise that i felt (for me anyway)i was fighting a loosing battle. dont get me wrong i do loose but fortunately up to now i always get back up!! cycled 5.5 miles today!!!:)

mr_c

mr_c

My moods are all over at the moment so I have decided to write down the things I should be doing to help myself as its so easy to forget and slip when you are poorly, plus it might help others too???

1 take your meds, if they are not working make your doc listen to change
2 try to get sleep;;an hour before bed have no stimulation ie;tv
;have a relaxing bath with lavender
;write down all thoughts, get everything out of your head
;get into a bed that was aired and made earlier so its not messy
;dim the lights
;relax your body, start with toes and tell them they are tired and go to sleep and work your way up
3 know your triggers; most moods are triggered so you can work out what some of them are so you can try to prevent the severity of the swing next time
4 write everything down
5 keep a mood tracker
6 diet
7 routine
8 take things as it comes
9 try to get out of the house once a day
10 tomorrows another day

well feel better for doing that plus ive just cycled 5 miles in half an hour, not linford christie speed i know but its a start STOP IT WITH THE NEGATIVITY im sorry no negativity allowed here, 5miles in 30 mins is bloody good going and a loss of 161 calories!!!:clap::clap::clap:(y)
Thats a really useful list, its gonna go up on my fridge:p

I am doing a couple of things on that list but i must try and focus on 8,9 more

S

skyblue

No.8 Take things as they come.

This is what I need to drum into my head at the moment. This one is really important to me right now.

M

memyself and b

well i havnt been able to stick to my list for a while cos my periods knock me for six but im back now co out comes the list again, well done to everyone who is trying to be well:clap:

M

maudikie

Maudikie.

Great! It's good to hear someone witha positive attitude.
All the best and keep it up.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Bipolar Forum 2