Can't get diagnosed & I desperately need to

E

english rose

I have had no luck getting diagnosed with PTSD with the NHS, I'm considering going private but we're talking in the region of £400 per hour & I am certainly not a rich person.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Sorry you've had bad experiences with the NHS, have you tried complaining thru PALS?
Take care

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
To see a pdoc for a diagnosis? How many hours would you need with one do you think?

What would happen if you did get diagnosed though? Would you be able to get help on the NHS easier?

P

Pollypop

I had to go private for help.
Fortunately it was only half of what you would have to pay.

The psychiatrist diagnosed me withPTSD.
This was due directly to the incompetence and negligence
of my own CMHT. (yes, really)

Some areas do what I think is called shared care.
This is where you see someone privately but your gp is also
involved and can prescribe something suggested.

Maybe you could look into this.
Best wishes

E

english rose

I have other problems: mental - Aspergers, depression, anxiety; physical - sleep apnea. As a result of all these things I am very tired all of the time & am unsure as to whether or not I could manage the journey to the private psychiatric clinic as it is not local to me, I do not drive & so would have to go by public transport. Of course I could see them & pay that huge amount of money & they might disagree that I've got PTSD which would be awful. I have so much to say because there is not one sole reason why I believe that I have PTSD, but rather there is a very long list of incidents & circumstances that make me believe there is a cumulative effect going on, it would probably take me a long time (several hours) to detail all of these things to someone. I have nightmares, they vary from one night to the next in terms of severity but have been a problem for approx 30 years (sic) , I was told at the sleep disorders clinic that they are caused by sleep apnea - but I'm not convinced of that.