Can't even motivate myself to brush my teeth

Caitjinoy

Caitjinoy

Lately I've had so much trouble finding the motivation to even get up to brush my teeth, or shower, or take care of myself in any way. It's become a huge feat to keep myself well-groomed. I've been skipping meals. i rarely clip my toenails. It's a magical day when the laundry gets done.
Urg

katya

katya

I'm so sorry you're struggling like this. It can be such a vicious cycle when you've lost a great deal of motivation. Please try to focus on one thing at a time, if it'll make things easier for you. Firstly, I'd focus on trying your best to eat regularly; that way, you might have more energy to do the other things you want to do.

It might be worth looking into some multivitamins too. This stuff is good for giving you some energy back, too, I've found.

Hope you can come round soon.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

I was like that and kinda still am but trying to make changes. I hope your able to :hug1:

Just A Girl

Just A Girl

My tips/advice for dealing with this;

1. Keep a diary put instead of just focusing on your thoughts/feelings, keep daily stats on things you want to improve in your life. Keep your goals/stats precise, short and to the point (just create tick boxes for the most important things you want to achieve in day-to-day life, like going outside or brushing your teeth etc). By monitoring yourself this way it will help get you back on track (and keep you on track).
2. Reward yourself when you do good important things. For example, brushed your teeth, had a bath or put some laundry on? Go give yourself a bit of chocolate or sit down for half an hour and clasp a hot mug of tea. That sort of thing u'know. Don't pressurize yourself too much but instead take breaks when YOU need to (and not just when you feel like you should be having them even though you're not having as many breaks as you would nearly like to etc).
3. Focus on the immediate present time and don't stress too much about tomorrow or other people etc.
4. Resolve yourself to realize how small certain tasks are and do them one by one. Even if you spend 3, 6 or even 11 hours motivating yourself to just get dressed into some normal daytime clothes etc, its still a heck of a lot better than never getting dressed into them at all. Your focus needs to be on getting back into routine (but you need to kick start and work hard on that routine if you're to get it back).
5. No amount of avoiding things will ever give you the rest & peace of mind that you so desire. In fact the more you avoid stuff the worse you are making things for yourself (for example you are doing less than ever but are you any happier for it? No.). Adversity (rather than avoidance) breeds happiness in life.