• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Can't escape my mind

V

VanessaF08

I'm sitting here listening to a quiet rain... Wondering when the racing thoughts will stop. I can't sleep. I can never sleep. I wish I could. I just want someone to scoop me up and hold me close and tell me it is going to be ok. This is one of my easier nights... But it still sucks. Constant non stop nagging voices on a repeat track of what a shitty worthless person I am. Sprinkle in coming off a manic mood and the crash seems worse than ever. I worry that one of these times I will crash too hard. My moods are getting more out of control. My insurance doesn't cover any sort of therapy so I stopped that several years ago and I thought I was doing ok...but the last 7 months or so have been very rough. I worry the day will come I will be too tired to keep fighting

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

Sorry you're having a rough night. Coming off the high of manic episode into a crash is particularly hard. But it will be ok. Try to keep yourself busy and stay positive. Im sure you're a wonderful person 😊. It sucks you cant afford mental health services. But their should be some kind of federally or state funded social service programs you can look into by searching around your local area. If worse comes to worse you can walk into to any mental health inpatient facility and say your suicidal and they have to treat you, you'll just get a bill bur at least you can speak to a doctor.

Hopefully you'll find support here and those that can give you tips. Im always happy to talk. Up all night too lol.

V

VanessaF08

Thanks yeah. Unfortunately I work full time and make too much money to qualify for any social programs. I have health insurance but besides a physical check up nothing is covered by my employees health insurance until I hit the deductible whish is several thousand. I just have reached the point where I want help bc I just don't know how much more fight I have

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

Well if you stay in a decent inpatient for a few days in a nice city you'll hit it a lot faster than you think and debt is worth it if your life is at risk. But regardless just dont give up 😊 their is nothing wrong with you that cant be worked on and made better. You can do it. You're worth it.

T

tiltawhirl3

Please see a psychiatrist!! Bipolar requires medications. Tell him/her about your financial limitations so you both can formulate a plan. Pharma companies will provide meds for free or there is good rx available to all that substantially reduces med costs.

Q

Queenoface

Hey if you take medication and they are not working maybe you could try other meds. And if you believe in God, you can also try praying, it helps alot. But don't give up yet, I was in your position where my mind seemed like it had full control over me and I had practically given up on life. But I visited the psychiatrist and they had placed me on a monthly injection and it worked wonders. Now I am just on antipsychotics, mood stabilizer and an anxiety depressant and I don't have issues with racing thoughts unless I am actually fearful and worried about something. Hope you get the help you need.