• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Can't enjoy the happiness because of Overthinking, Anxiety

V

vc2009

Now I'm getting better from my anxiety and overthinking, not because it's recover, because I trying not to think about them often. So most of the time I feel less stress and worries than before. But I have to face them when the time come.

But in those waiting times, when I'm really happy or enjoy something, those anxiety and overthinking are come into my thought and I don't dare to enjoy those happiness fully anymore, because I'm overthinking " if I'm very happy now I will be sad in the future or bad things will come in future". Those overthinking are hold me back away from those happiness.

Has anyone experience that kind of feeling?

Sharing my feeling?

T

tasteslikemedicine

oh my god I know exactly what you mean. I am a very emotional person and recently even thinking about happy memories has been triggering anxiety because I can't go back there but the memories feel so strong, like I can touch them.

I am also aware like how you are that emotions are temporary. I had a good day today and started feeling overwhelmed thinking, "well what if tomorrow is a bad day?" can't do much about these thoughts except the best thing is to just let them go. easier said than done but I'm still practicing.

J

Jazzmine84

It’s hard to fully enjoy happiness when you had lots of bad days. For me it’s because I fear if I feel too good, than it means I have more to lose. And I’ve lost so much already, I don’t think I would be able to cope after losing too much. But that should’nt stop you. Like Tasteslikemedicine said, its best to learn to let go of such thoughts.

V

vc2009

oh my god I know exactly what you mean. I am a very emotional person and recently even thinking about happy memories has been triggering anxiety because I can't go back there but the memories feel so strong, like I can touch them.

I am also aware like how you are that emotions are temporary. I had a good day today and started feeling overwhelmed thinking, "well what if tomorrow is a bad day?" can't do much about these thoughts except the best thing is to just let them go. easier said than done but I'm still practicing.
Thanks for advice.

Yeah, so happy make me worry and overthink. That's like a curse that I trapped in that. As you said, I try to let it go, so sometime I almost forget and happy without worries. But sometime they are coming in and I overthink like that "what if bad things are coming soon because now I'm happy."

Really bad, really.

V

vc2009

It’s hard to fully enjoy happiness when you had lots of bad days. For me it’s because I fear if I feel too good, than it means I have more to lose. And I’ve lost so much already, I don’t think I would be able to cope after losing too much. But that should’nt stop you. Like Tasteslikemedicine said, its best to learn to let go of such thoughts.
Thanks mate,

That what I exactly feel right now. I even now fear to be happy, because what if I lose more as you said.

I will try to let go of them. But it really tired mentally.

V

vc2009

And I feel like all of my happiness, enjoyment are just temporary.

V

vc2009

Hi,

I am a Social Worker and i have put together this video below to help the wider population. it is very good in helping you understand the effects COVID has on your mental health and it gives you coping strategies/tips for your mental wellbeing to manage anxiety and depression.

Hope you find it helpful!

Below is the link:
Thanks a lot ! Kiki223

It's really great video, I have watched and I will try those strategies.