Can't do this anymore!

M

Memphis182

After 5.5 weeks on 30mg mirtazapine I've finally had enough. I can't stop crying and feel so depressed. My anxiety is through the roof and I'm irritable and angry and just cry constantly. I'm even starting to get to a point where I don't want to be around anymore and that's terryfying me. I've been told that mirtazapine is horrible to come off and I'm so scared right now I don't know what to do

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Have you been back to see your dr? I'm sorry your struggling right now.
Hope you feel better very soon.
Take care

M

Memphis182

No not yet, had to wait a week for an appointment. So Tuesday is when I see her next. I'm terrified about having to keep taking them and terrified about stopping them too.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Glad you have an appointment, hope your dr can find something different for you.
Take care

J

JCPraha

It sounds like that medication isn't helping, or making matters worse. I suppose you need a different med or an adjustment. It isn't easy to find something that works. Meds work so much differently on different people. But it is sure difficult while in the middle of trying to find something that helps.

dadom

dadom

I'm on 45mg mirtazapine. They help me sleep, and give me weird, vivid dreams. Lots of talking in my sleep, and even singing the other night. I don't know what effect they have on me during the day, but I guess they must be working as I've been on them a few months now. I've got Sertraline 50mg and a bit of quetiapine thrown in, but I'm very up and down (mostly very down). 5.5 weeks is only really at the beginning of the 6-8 week period they say therapeutic effect is expected to be really felt, so I really hope it starts to help soon. They may add something else in rather than stop it altogether, but they should give attention to what you think, too.
Wishing you all the best, every step of the way.
Dom

M

Memphis182

Thank you guys for replying. I've been back to the docs and they are going to take me off the mirtazapine, drop me down to 15mg starts tonight. I am very nervous as I feel terrible already and don't know if I could cope with getting any worse right now. And after I'm off they are going to up my citalopram. I really hope this helps but tbh my mindset at the minute is pretty low and I'm convinced I'll just feel worse x

J

JCPraha

Hang in there, until you find a regime that works. It is extremely difficult, but I think you will find something. It is always trial and error when it comes to meds. No one can tell ahead of time what will work. We all very so greatly on our reaction to meds.

M

Memphis182

Hang in there, until you find a regime that works. It is extremely difficult, but I think you will find something. It is always trial and error when it comes to meds. No one can tell ahead of time what will work. We all very so greatly on our reaction to meds.
Thank you for the reply. 😊 I think I feel slightly better after dropping my mirtazapine but it's hard to tell. The evenings seem to be a little better to cope with. (sometimes) I'm due to drop them completely on Tuesday and then up my citalopram. Fingers crossed that works for me. I'm not sure whether upping a dose when they stop working does work. Thank you for your support

J

JCPraha

It is a long and difficult process. I know from first hand experience.