• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Can't do the things I enjoy anymore because of my anxiety.

MrBond007

MrBond007

I have had anxiety as well as depression for years. I am currently on medication for it, most specifically Fluoxetine and Flupentixol. I've been on Fluoxetine for 2 years now and I've been on Flupentixol for about 2 months. A couple days ago I stopped taking the Flupentixol because I noticed most of the time I take it I start getting really nervous and jittery and overall I didn't feel like it was doing me any good so I stopped taking it. I've also started taking CBD recently in hopes that it would make me more relaxed, and from what it feels like it seems to be working. Here is a pic of the one I have: 1624539996331.png
I would spray this under my tongue and leave it there for 2 minutes before washing it down with water. I do this 2-3 times a day, and was thinking about getting the stronger stuff in future. My anxious thoughts tend to vary a lot on a bunch of different things. To the point where I cannot seem to enjoy anything I used to do anymore. Like for example playing video games because I'm too scared of the noise that my PC and consoles make. Or watching DVDs because I'm scared of the noise that my DVD player makes, despite it being brand new. As of recently I've been getting these worries where I cannot seem to enjoy playing games anymore (specifically on my PC) because of the graphics of certain games. Like for example, I tend to play a lot of classic, old games (GTA SA, True Crime, Sonic Adventure 2, Far Cry, Metal Arms, Die Hard Nakatomi Plaza, just to name a few) and I've always enjoyed them my whole life. But for some reason, I find it really hard to start enjoying these games again because I have this weird thought in my mind that for some reason the graphics of these games aren't up to my standard anymore despite them being perfectly normal for the time. And thus it makes it really hard for me to start playing them again and enjoying them knowing that there is much more graphically advanced games out there.

It's the same with movies. I am also a huge fan of classic movies, my favorites being Die Hard, Speed, Rocky, The Great Escape, The Rock, and Terminator to name a few. But for some reason, I struggle to enjoy these types of movies now and I have no idea why. I have this thought in my head that the special effects, acting, whatever aren't up to my standard anymore and thus It really takes away the enjoyment from watching them now. And I just don't know what the deal is because I used to always love watching these types of movies growing up ever since I was a kid. But now I just can't enjoy them anymore. I know it sounds really petty or silly. Hell I barely even know why I'm feeling anxious over them in the first place. I never used to worry about them before.

Jolly

Jolly

I wish you peace eventually and hope you can somehow find a way to relax even for a day. I do mindfulness and that has really helped me to calm down and concentrate on doing something

MrBond007

MrBond007

I wish you peace eventually and hope you can somehow find a way to relax even for a day. I do mindfulness and that has really helped me to calm down and concentrate on doing something
Thank you, I really appreciate it. I've started taking my Flupentixol again because I didn't know what to do and I was so desperate to calm myself. I was thinking of having a drink but I try to steer away from alcohol as much as possible. Anyways I have been feeling a little calmer today, though I'm still a little shaky and I do still keep getting anxious thoughts. But today they're not as overwhelming. I'm also hoping to get some CBT soon. I was wondering if CBT may help with overwhelmingly anxious thoughts over things I can't control?

Jolly

Jolly

I am doing dbt for a phobia I have but only had one session as we had to concentrate on my anxiety. As long as you connect with your therapist it should be good. Just be open and honest. I wrote a timeline of events which I did not want to talk about as they are in a box never to be opened. My therapist understood that so we concentrated on my anxiety. I have felt better now after therapy. At first I was really bad when I got home but not now. I hope you don’t wait too long though