• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

cant do anything right /

E

emma 12345

i posted this as a introduction but was asked to post in this forum as possibly get more help.

Do you ever feel like you cant do anything right?.

i suffer with anxiety and panic attacks and have been managing well for the past few years until recently.
My work is very stressful and we have huge backlogs. we have no help from management and they always come up with excuses . They wont even offer overtime, so we can try get on top of things. My supervisor ended shouting telling me to shut up, in front of a few colleagues, which was inappropriate. i did speak to my manager the next day and told her i don't expect to be spoken to like a child and did get a bit tearful which i hate and am kicking my self about and she said she would have words. The thing that annoyed me was i told my manager i am struggling with work and its getting to much with the workload and i did end up in hospital over that weekend due to my anxiety going into overdrive and her response was oh i suffer with anxiety aswell. There was no oh, no i hope your okay or i am here to talk, i just felt like it was a brush off like, we all have that issue deal with it.

When i went to The hospital, they did a Xray, ECG and bloods and everything came back normal. The hospital said they couldn't find any problems and must of been my anxiety had just gone into overdrive.

I dont like working for my job anymore, the attitude and stress is not helping but i do have a operation in January, which will mean 6weeks recovery off work. Sounds silly but this break, as much as it wont be fun, is what i need. This is the only positive thing i can hold on to at the moment.
I have a plan to look for a new job when i return end of February but i am seriously struggling to hold on.

I feel i cant do anything right at work, they are constantly picking on little things and even another colleague is leaving due to the stress and the people in the company.

I

indigo6

NOT a good workplace Emma. Management arent handling you right or the work. Being told to shut up is unprofessional and the lack of respect eventually breaks down the relationship.
Of course your manager is brushing it off. if she acknowledges it she gives you the green light to be 'stressed' and once she admits to knowing she is bound by duty of care to do something.

Youre feeling like this because you have a lot coming at you, youre naturally doubting yourself because thats the nature of anxiety.

You did help yourself by going to hospital and youre handling the upcoming surgey fine. You are doing things right. never mind work, theyre getting some extra pounds of flesh.

Your 6 week recovery is as you can see the perfect time to have a break and look for other options. I really hope this happens for you :hug:

E

emma 12345

Thanks Indigo, i just feel like you'll never be good enough at the place no more. i have been there 13 years and things have gone downhill this past year and i'm still treated like a new starter, when i have more experience then half of them. at the moment i work til 1.30pm everyday but i'm starting my new hours 2nd December til 3pm, which now i am seriously regretting. I want to increase my hours, obviously everyone wants more money and i wanted to try and make a difference and ignore things but i feel i may have made a huge mistake with my company. On the plus its just December, as my operation is 10th January (with full pay)

My husband does have a few issues hes dealing with and i am trying to help him with that and manage my sons adhd (which is full on) but at that moment i just feel so frustrated like im invisible at the work place with no one acknowledging whats happening. I think telling someone and still getting no response is a dead end. I feel more frustrated with myself because i care so much but my head is overthinking everything.

I

indigo6

Time to move on do you think? If this company is getting hard work. If you can do that if you cant you can stay and stand up for yourself but it may lead to trouble, likely they wont like people speaking up. if you decide to, do it diplomatically but use emails.

Yore not invisible, do you think its more like theyre blind? Home is your priority for your mental energy and your health too. Who are they, when you sit with your family, eat, chat? They are no one. After 13 years they arent listening to a voice offering sense and solutions, thats not good. It tells you a lot about them. Being a manager or owning a company doesnt make people Gods. In fact they can be arrogant as hell.

:hug: