• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

cant cope

A

Angelshark

I am new to the forum and very shy and not the sort of person to talk to people I don't know but iam struggling to cope with life at present and am hoping this will help.

I am agoraphobic, have severe anxiety issues which causes bad panic attacks. I am also manically depressed and I self harm. All of this started in my teens in mild forms and has progressively worsened over the years and now in my 40s its extreme and in the last few weeks I have started hearing voices.

I am on meds that aren't working my doctor won't change them until my shrink gets back to her as she's at a loss of where to go next. My therapist from my local mental health centre has stopped coming to see me as he doesn't know how to help me. My family don't understand so I cant talk to them. My husbands family are great but I don't feel able to tell them everything. I have no friends I have pushed them all away. The only person who is there for me is my husband but unfortunately he cant be with me 24/7 and when I'm alone if I cant sleep it away then I turn to SH.
We have been given notice on the flat we privately rent, in a month I have to leave the only place I feel safe and I am terrified, I want to go to sleep and not wake up.

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
:welcome: to the forum angelshark.

I hope you find this a supportive place to be.

There are many kind, supportive, understanding souls here. :hug1:

FriendsAreFriends

FriendsAreFriends

Hi! I am Kenneth. In my youth I was in love with a girl whom I knew was in love with me. We went in circels for a year an a half, without dearing to tell. And so we never came together... Now I am a middelage man, and sometimes I think of my shyness with a smile. I know to be young can be extremly tough. But to my experiance courage and mental ressilience comes with age. I am most sure that you will pull trough. What you are experiencing is quit common among people. Enjoy your day!

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Hi Angelshark.

Thank-you for sharing your story. I am sorry you are suffering from anxiety. I hope you find a new home, and can feel safe again. :)