• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

cant cope

A

Angelshark

I am new to the forum and very shy and not the sort of person to talk to people I don't know but iam struggling to cope with life at present and am hoping this will help.

I am agoraphobic, have severe anxiety issues which causes bad panic attacks. I am also manically depressed and I self harm. All of this started in my teens in mild forms and has progressively worsened over the years and now in my 40s its extreme and in the last few weeks I have started hearing voices.

I am on meds that aren't working my doctor won't change them until my shrink gets back to her as she's at a loss of where to go next. My therapist from my local mental health centre has stopped coming to see me as he doesn't know how to help me. My family don't understand so I cant talk to them. My husbands family are great but I don't feel able to tell them everything. I have no friends I have pushed them all away. The only person who is there for me is my husband but unfortunately he cant be with me 24/7 and when I'm alone if I cant sleep it away then I turn to SH.
We have been given notice on the flat we privately rent, in a month I have to leave the only place I feel safe and I am terrified, I want to go to sleep and not wake up.

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
:welcome: to the forum angelshark.

I hope you find this a supportive place to be.

There are many kind, supportive, understanding souls here. :hug1:

FriendsAreFriends

FriendsAreFriends

Hi! I am Kenneth. In my youth I was in love with a girl whom I knew was in love with me. We went in circels for a year an a half, without dearing to tell. And so we never came together... Now I am a middelage man, and sometimes I think of my shyness with a smile. I know to be young can be extremly tough. But to my experiance courage and mental ressilience comes with age. I am most sure that you will pull trough. What you are experiencing is quit common among people. Enjoy your day!

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Hi Angelshark.

Thank-you for sharing your story. I am sorry you are suffering from anxiety. I hope you find a new home, and can feel safe again. :)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Cant cope Mental Health Experiences 28
shdeap88 cant stop daydreaming Mental Health Experiences 1
I undiagnosed and cant take being invalidated anymore (TW:self harm, suicide attempts, blood, mentions of emotional abuse + neglect and physical abuse) Mental Health Experiences 1
W i cant keep going through this cycle Mental Health Experiences 3
S my brain cant stop overthinking ? Mental Health Experiences 6
S My life is messed up i cant go back Mental Health Experiences 5
T i cant understand myself ,am i weird? Mental Health Experiences 6
Lachrimae Mother cant understand my sadness, thinks I am loser. Mental Health Experiences 11
Lola1988 I cant belive im even saying this and i have been made to feel so low :( Mental Health Experiences 26
Z I cant do my housework ! Mental Health Experiences 27
B Cant seem to find happiness while broke Mental Health Experiences 5
J I cant take this shit anymore Mental Health Experiences 2
E Weird feeling I cant explain, anyome knows? Mental Health Experiences 8
aimeeg77 cant do this Mental Health Experiences 50
T i just cant take this shit anymore Mental Health Experiences 2
C I cant STOP THINKING OF BAD STUFF... :/ Mental Health Experiences 2
T brain not having thoughts? cant think thoughts anymore? painful burning sensation on parts of my head Mental Health Experiences 10
ABsea I cant pull the plug Mental Health Experiences 10
A At wits end, cant trust my thoughts. Mental Health Experiences 2
L How does everyone else cope with ruminating? Mental Health Experiences 17
F How do I cope with being stupid? Mental Health Experiences 22
I How do you cope with your dark side? Trigger Warning - contains explicit aggression Mental Health Experiences 1
hORIzonFINK210 Variations of cope? Mental Health Experiences 3
M how to cope with failure ? Mental Health Experiences 17
Topcat What do you do when you feel you can't cope? Mental Health Experiences 16
D Consistent feeling of emptiness, experiences, reasons and ways to cope with it? Mental Health Experiences 7
L Im lost and dont know how to cope Mental Health Experiences 19
G How do you cope with happiness? Mental Health Experiences 3
N How to cope withoss of marriage and not seeing child Mental Health Experiences 2
M How to cope with a World where dishonorable people seems to be always winning? Mental Health Experiences 5
O Struggling to cope with mental health problems Mental Health Experiences 4
A How did you cope with life after graduating university or even leaving the education system in general Mental Health Experiences 16
M Anxious situation... don't know how to cope. Mental Health Experiences 2
F Nightmares, how do any of you cope and deal with them? Mental Health Experiences 1
L B/f is occasional cocaine user and I can’t cope Mental Health Experiences 4
Anon_21 Hypersensitivity to stimuli, how to cope?? Mental Health Experiences 9
B Using alcohol and drugs to cope. Mental Health Experiences 7
E I have no idea how to cope Mental Health Experiences 2
F Not sure how to cope any more Mental Health Experiences 4
R Struggling to cope after car accident. Mental Health Experiences 5
F (don't know where to post) Excessive need for structure - how do I cope? Mental Health Experiences 1
1 Mentally ill dad and how to cope with it Mental Health Experiences 6
D My life and mental health are suffering and I'm not sure how much longer I can cope. Mental Health Experiences 4
S How to cope with living with abuser Mental Health Experiences 15
T How do I cope with chronic insomnia? Mental Health Experiences 5
L Cannot cope and I don't know why Mental Health Experiences 4
P I've just had a breakdown an can't cope Mental Health Experiences 3
moyet *Trigger warning* Things are difficult to cope with Mental Health Experiences 35
S What music do you guys listen to to cope with psychotic illness? Mental Health Experiences 16
C how do you cope with SAD? Mental Health Experiences 5