• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Can't cope anymore

T

TabbyToes

I don't know what to do.

S

*Sapphire*

I'm sorry you are feeling so down Tabbytoes. Is there anything in particular that is causing you to feel like this? :hug:

T

TabbyToes

I don't know... I had an appointment to see my GP this am and I got there, but it was very hard and so she knows.

I told her that I was thinking of moving back to where I used to live but that I needed to find someone to take my cat because I wouldn't be able to take her.

I think my cat is the only thing that keeps me alive most of the time. I don't think I'd last very long without her.

She should have a nicer home than this.

S

*Sapphire*

Oh TabbyToes it seems like you have on your mind at the moment, thinking of moving and losing your cat. These things can cause anyone to feel a bit unsure of what to do. Perhaps you are also feeling a bit of a 'come down' from any anxiety you had about seeing your GP. Once you have a spurt of adrenaline you can feel quite depressed following.

Is there are reason you feel like moving back? Sometimes when you are down, making big decisions are not the best thing. Sometimes it is best to stay where you are until things stabilise. But I can't say whether that is true for you, not knowing your situation. Did your GP think it would be a good idea?

I'm sure your cat is very happy at the moment. Is she allowed outdoors? If she is, then you'll know she is happy for sure because if she wasn't she wouldn't keep coming back!

It might be a good idea to start a journal on here, some people find it a real help. :hug:

T

TabbyToes

I felt like this before I saw my GP. I just couldn't talk to her and tell her, but she knows I'm not having a good time right now, she saw that this am.

My cat doesn't go out.

I think if I didn't have her and didn't live here and see the people involved in my health care, then it would be ok to die because everything was taken care of and no one would know.

S

*Sapphire*

I'm sorry you couldn't speak to your GP. Sometimes when we are down it is so hard to find the words to describe it. Sometimes it just doesn't seem worth trying. Often when I get like that I get home all upset and deflated that I couldn't say anything. Sometimes it is worth writing things down before your appointment if you think you might not be able to speak when you are there.

Am I right in thinking that you want to move so you feel freer to end it all?
I have felt like that at times myself and I know it is probably hard to believe but the feeling does eventually pass or lessen, although when you are depressed it does feel like it will go on forever and it feels unbearable.
Can you speak to your psychologist about this? They might be able to liase with others in your care to see if there is anything they can do to help you through this difficult time.

Did you think any more about DBT? The only reason I am asking, is that they do teach you a whole variety of skills, strategies and techniques to help you get through times when you feel like this. You may find it of some help. :hug:

T

TabbyToes

I told the psychologist that my psychiatrist had suggested DBT and she said that we could talk about it some more but there isn't a course starting for a while (September or later I think).

Am I right in thinking that you want to move so you feel freer to end it all?
Yes.

I know that the feelings will pass, but they come back. They always come back.
They might be able to liase with others in your care to see if there is anything they can do to help you through this difficult time.
My psychiatrist is on leave right now and my social worker is off sick (after an op). I don't see my psychologist again until next week and right now, I'm not sure that I am going to be able to get to see her because it was hard enough to get to my GP this morning and she is only up the road. The psychologist is a bus ride away.