• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Can't control my mind!!

mark payne

mark payne

well this may sound wierd but lately, my mind is so wierd and it's like i can't control it like when i think about something and i know i like that thing my mind try to tell me other wise its like my mind fight me,or push me to do things i dont like,thats so crazy and make me so tired and hurt me so much its like i say this girl i love and i wanna date her or she's beautiful and my mind push me to think otherwise i dont do that it's my mind control me i'm not sure if u understand me but i hope u do, i was so depressed lately and tired can be tired or depressed for long give you that?!! or whats exactly happning with me, i have that fear to wake up someday and become an other person do u ever have this fear and what u did about it or can u tell me something to make me feel better..!!

B

blythegirl

Hi, hope you're okay!
I'm no expert, so I maybe wrong, but what you are describing sounds like Pure O OCD: where you have unwanted thoughts that seem either crazy or repulsive.

Me for example: I might be in a kitchen cooking and see the knife on the counter and think "what if I stabbed someone now?". I don't want to stab someone, and I shock myself by even thinking about it, but my mind just goes there without my control.

A good book to read about this is 'The Imp of the Mind' - it explains why we get these thoughts.

Also, you're not going crazy! This could be a common aspect of OCD (and something that I experience regularly).

Hope you're ok .

D

Deliah

Hello, I can hear that you are suffering. All I want to say, is that no one can control their mind. You more you try to the more you will suffer. Mindfulness is good. Also, what you resist persists. Try to accept what the mind does, it can't control you. It isn't you, just thought but at the moment, I know that is feels like it can because you are in it. Mindfulness is a great way to give yourself some space around it and see the mind as it really is. D xx

C

Charl98

Sounds exactly like what I have , I've had it since I was very small , it has evolved and changed over te years , I used to have obvious compulsions , like tapping stuff twice and spinning aroun the other way the same amount of times , and I've always had realy bad thoughts , it has changed so much , now I can't even tell if I have compulsions or not , it all mental compulsions , but I can't tell if I have them anymore , my mind never shuts up to me , and in public I believe I have Terrets or something where o say embarrassing stuff in public , but sometimes I don't believe it but when I'm in public I do believe it , and even if I tell myself that it's not real my mind won't let me , and the only thing like compulsions are just explaining to people that it's not true what I'm saying in my head , but I don't know if they are compulsions , its like ocd but without compulsions , I don't know if it's paranoia , or schitzophrenia , but most of the time I believe I either have Terrets or it's like the Truman show but there's a mind reading machine , I dot know what I have , but when I saw these proffesionals about it they were not supportive , all they asked me was am I doing well in school , I said I have no friends , and I get realy upset over stuff , and tired , but the woman asked do I get good grades , and I said yes , so then she said it wasn't affecting my life as I can get a good job with good grades ... Blah blah blah , so she ignored me . An no only myself , but I get upset over how horrible people are , I get depressed over mean and stupid things.