Can't concentrate on anything, nothing interests me anymore

L

lilith

I have anxiety according to my gp and i only take propranolol from time to time.

In the past months, my thoughts have been going everywhere and I honestly feel crazy in my head. I feel like my emotions are switching up every second and I can't make my mind still. I try to continue my life, occupying myself with work and hobbies, however I have noticed that barely anything retains my attention anymore. I could have an idea in my head and I would get super excited about it and think it's the best idea on the planet and 2 seconds later I would literally scarp it and throw it in the bin. I can't concentrate anymore on anything that I do.

There is this want in me for stuff to be perfect and if it's not, I abandon the project, but at the beginning i get so obsessed with the idea of whatever I am doing, I feel almost crazy. There would be times where nothing interests me a all, for weeks even and I would feel sad and bored because I don't know what I'm doing. However when I do something, i scrap it immediately and just become frustrated.

I feel a real rush in my head and I feel like i can achieve anything, but there are days when I'm completely miserable. This changes day to day. There would be times when i get these mood swings few times a day.

Could this be a form of ocd? Is anyone experiencing stuff like this?

V

vimes

Racing thoughts is very common in many emotional disorders, including anxiety and depression, mania.
Perhaps you can ask your GP to refer you to a psychiatrist.
I have racing thoughts all the time. I use my hobbies and work to quiet my mind.