• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

cannot deal with this anymore

P

pacots

The last 2 wks. have been very bad for me. Deep dark depression & lots of anxiety attacks. Have been doing everything to keep myself out of the hospital. I do not know how much longer I can go on. just do not care what happens anymore. This illness has its claws in me & will not let go. Having some bad thoughts also if you know what I mean. :low:

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hi pacots, I am sorry you are feeling so bad:hug:. I know you said you want to stay out of hospital and I can understand that. Just wondered what sort of support you are getting if any, and if they know how bad you are feeling?

If you are having those bad thoughts I'd say it's best to tell someone, especially if you feel you might act on them. If you don't feel able to approach professionals there is always the Samaritans. Some people find them helpful, just in getting things out and knowing it's all anonymous, and they are there 24/7.

Me I find these things go in phases, so that I will have a very bad period and then things will ease off a bit, I don't know if that is true for you also? I really hope things ease off for you soon. Keep sharing on here as well, we're here to support you. xx

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I'm sorry to hear that things are really bad. Sounds like you're really struggling with day to day life. :hug1:

I agree with Toasted Crumpet, in that if you feel like you might harm yourself you really do need to let someone know before you do anything. It's much better to prevent something bad from happening.

Are there certain things that you think could help you stay out of hospital?
You've not said much about your living situation. I wonder if you live alone or with other people?
Some people find having company really helps and having a structure to their day. Planning things to do, even down to what you're having for dinner, might help you feel more in control of your life and take away some stress. Just some ideas.

P

pacots

I live with my husband, but I am beginning to think he is also getting sick of this.

S

sadgirl

I live with my husband, but I am beginning to think he is also getting sick of this.
He loves you and at the moment you need people around you that love you I've learnt the hard way that pushing people away doesn't make you happier it in fact makes you feel like all your thoughts and feelings were right and that you are unlovable you don't deserve to listen to your head/thoughts it's taken me 24+ years and one really good mate who I have recently let in to get through to me that I need help and listening to my head isn't helping in fact it's destroying my life and hurting me please ask for help don't suffer in silence it's ok to not feel great and ask for help good luck stay safe

P

pacots

I do know he loves me but he has been putting up with this for 20 yrs. now. I was even thinking of putting myself in a personal care home & let him enjoy the rest of his life.

S

sadgirl

I do know he loves me but he has been putting up with this for 20 yrs. now. I was even thinking of putting myself in a personal care home & let him enjoy the rest of his life.
Think of it this way he's a grown man and if he didn't want to do something what would he do? He loves you let him and others help