• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Cannot cope and I don't know why

L

Lancaster Sam

For some reason today i have felt like I haven't been able to cope. I got a new job, and my first day was today. It's a part time job in telesales which I am taking before i get back to University. However ever since I left I have felt on the verge of crying, dissapointed, frustrated,and very anxious. I think it's a combination of not hitting my target for the day, extreme anxiousness about whether i will ever measure up, and nervousness about having to be a pushy seller. Sorry for posting, but i just cannot seem to settle and have felt worse as the day/night has gone on. I have a history of self harm and it has been difficult not to, as often I have self harmed when i couldn't cope with the feelings i was experiencing and used that as an avenue. Sorry if this post has broken any rules.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Maybe it's the first day anxiety hitting you know, especially if it seems like it is something that is out of your comfort zone and you already have a target in your first day!!!

You haven't broken any rules that I can see.

:hug1:

Marliee xxx

L

Lancaster Sam

Maybe it's the first day anxiety hitting you know, especially if it seems like it is something that is out of your comfort zone and you already have a target in your first day!!!

You haven't broken any rules that I can see.

:hug1:

Marliee xxx
yeah, I was speaking to my mum about it earlier and it might be part of it. I just have all these inexplicable worries, anxious feelings, and it feels like I'm drowning in them a bit. I'm trying to rationalise it and tell myself that it's just first day worries and stuff, it just feels like my brain is in overdrive.

S

secretsurvivor1

Don't forget, not only are you being tested for suitability for the job, they are also being tested by you; are they nice enough people for you to be willing to work there. Is the job suitable for you or will you decide to try something else. It is an experience and you can leave if it doesn't work out for you. Realising you have this freedom may take the pressure off a bit, and that may help you do better as you will have more confidence. This part-time job is not your entire life so don't let it get too important! Good luck.

L

Lancaster Sam

Don't forget, not only are you being tested for suitability for the job, they are also being tested by you; are they nice enough people for you to be willing to work there. Is the job suitable for you or will you decide to try something else. It is an experience and you can leave if it doesn't work out for you. Realising you have this freedom may take the pressure off a bit, and that may help you do better as you will have more confidence. This part-time job is not your entire life so don't let it get too important! Good luck.
I do realise this :) I just don't know why my mind turns into anxious, sad, and paranoid self :( it feels like any kind of pressure knackers my mind. I'm sorry :(