• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Cancelled my nutritionist appointment for tomorrow morning....

• Thread starter dabearwiffdasammich
  • Start date
dabearwiffdasammich

dabearwiffdasammich

I hate going to them. I hate how I feel when I talk about food. I hate how huge I feel. People tell me that I'm "not that big" but then I look at myself and I just wonder... How don't they see it?? I'm huge?? like... I don't know.. I fucking hate having binge eating disorder. I've been losing weight and not binging so bad (i still have bad days) since august and i've been doing really good with it, but yeah.. I don't know. I cancelled my appointment for tomorrow. The sick feeling I get in my gut the day before and day of these appointments make me like..... frozen. I feel like i can't get anything done the day before/day of. Idk.

I'm just gunna try and keep doing what I have been, losing weight, and eating healthy.. Maybe I don't need to go to a nutritionist for at least a little while.

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

dieting doesnt work. cheat days dont work. best to slowly evolve the diet towards salad. the brain will re-calibrate itself to match.

never eat junk food. it throws the brain out of whack. keep the food even and boring and not too tasty. the brain will slowly adjust.

also if your hungry the body will canabalize muscle before fat. if its not being used. so u have to use your muscles so the body will go for the fat instead.

so some form of exercise that works lots of muscles. then slowly reducing calories and evolving more towards salad and plain foods.

keep busy. and avoid the self hate which makes the mind want more food.

T

TravelingSparrow

U could stop going for 1-3 months and see how ur symptoms and weight manage. Maybe u will decide it’s worth it to go back so you have something keeping you on track even with the added stress and anxiety.