Can you live to be over 50 on Clopixol depot

T

Tune1

Hello, i recently was told that you cannot live to be over 40 on Clopixol depot, that it shaves of tons of years of your life expectancy, is this true. I'm quite worried because I am in my mid thirties and I have been on these meds for a few years.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Who’s told you this. I’m sure no doctor would give you this if it would shorten your life so drastically. I know there constantly learning about side effects of medication but no one would prescribe this if it would do this. I was on quetiapine and in the last few years they’ve found it causes diabetes which I now have. They still issue it but you are more closely monitor for blood glucose.
If a member of my family was given this and died at a young age I would sue the pants off them. I don’t know why but I’m sure someone is just trying to scare you.

vanish

vanish

Forum Safety Team
I’m on flupenthixol depot as opposed to zuclopenthixol and certainly haven’t been told anything about it shaving years off my life. I’m middle aged and although most of my issues are caused my an under active thyroid and extreme weight gain caused by medication, I think most antipsychotic medications will cause in the long term unwanted health issues. Some of these issues, due to weight gaining side effects if not kept in check, can cause cancers, cardiovascular disease and diabetes all associated with obesity. I’m no doctor but I think it isn’t the medication itself that causes an early death, rather it is the sedentary lifestyle you may find yourself in. A balanced diet, plenty of exercise and healthy habits can prevent.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kirkpatrick Psychosis Forum 2