• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Can you just back off a bit, please life!?

A

Alan Pizzaface

Does it ever ease up? It's like life just keeps throwing stuff at you trying to find your breaking point. Am I just crap at handling it? I deal with one thing and 2 others things pop up in its place. I spent years trying to plan my life, live carefully and do things properly, trying not to "rock the boat" just for it all to go tits up, now I'm trying to chill out more and try to enjoy being alive and I'm just in situations where I Immediately think- "should have done this better, should have checked that more thoroughly" because someone else's actions have caused me hassle. Its all still going so wrong. It seems like everyone else can live their lives not caring about consequences or how their actions affect others and I'm the one left picking up pieces and getting screwed over at every turn. I can't trust my judgements or my decisions, whatever I try is wrong. I've recently realised that im a naiive clueless idiot, thinking most people are decent when they're not. Do you really only get any where in life by lying and stepping on others? I don't know if my brain can handle always being on edge not being able to trust anything. I want to go live on an island with all the animals, they're so much better than people!

stygianiron222

stygianiron222

life is a bitch.
people do suck.
i wish i could live on an island too sometimes.

D

dewey

Sounds like you have values, which is more than can be said for a lot of people, yeah.
Shitty people do shitty things
You do what's true to you
Good people shine like gems in a world full of bastards,
I believe luck is going to come your way
Just don't be so hard in yourself
And give yourself the credit and confidence you know you really deserve

D

Dagoon

Life is incredibly hard right now. I have to be honest im at work right now and my heart feels like its coming out of my chest. But I have lessened my hours now so I know I have a bit of time off coming up so im trying to bounce off that. But its damn hard.

A

Alan Pizzaface

Sounds like you have values, which is more than can be said for a lot of people, yeah.
Shitty people do shitty things
You do what's true to you
Good people shine like gems in a world full of bastards,
I believe luck is going to come your way
Just don't be so hard in yourself
And give yourself the credit and confidence you know you really deserve

I'm usually pretty good at positive thinking, I tell myself "this time next year I'll look back and this will all be funny", but its been a few years now and I'm not laughing. Its so frustrating, if we all treated others how we'd like to be treated life would be so much simpler. I dont like lying or stealing, so I dont to it to anyone so the injustice really gets to me. Thank you for being kind ❤

A

Alan Pizzaface

Life is incredibly hard right now. I have to be honest im at work right now and my heart feels like its coming out of my chest. But I have lessened my hours now so I know I have a bit of time off coming up so im trying to bounce off that. But its damn hard.

So true! No one needs extra stress right now. Keeping your head down and quietly getting on with your own life seems to make you a target for others that just want to cause trouble. I've done the same, changed my work trying to improve my life and now I'm stuck on lockdown with no income and all the tax I've paid over the years means nothing because the Gov. says I'm not eligible for any financial help. Damned if you do damned if you don't.
I hope you get to relax on your time off, make sure you switch off a bit and indulge in something you enjoy ❤

T

treasurebox

People are not perfect. Some may cause hurt intentionally but some do not intend to hurt or nor trouble you.

Extend your patience and consideration to people around you because people sometimes do not know what they are doing. They do not sometimes know that they are already hurting others, so be gentle and forgiving.

Create happy moments because happiness is a choice.

OCDguy

OCDguy

Does it ever ease up? It's like life just keeps throwing stuff at you trying to find your breaking point. Am I just crap at handling it? I deal with one thing and 2 others things pop up in its place. I spent years trying to plan my life, live carefully and do things properly, trying not to "rock the boat" just for it all to go tits up, now I'm trying to chill out more and try to enjoy being alive and I'm just in situations where I Immediately think- "should have done this better, should have checked that more thoroughly" because someone else's actions have caused me hassle. Its all still going so wrong. It seems like everyone else can live their lives not caring about consequences or how their actions affect others and I'm the one left picking up pieces and getting screwed over at every turn. I can't trust my judgements or my decisions, whatever I try is wrong. I've recently realised that im a naiive clueless idiot, thinking most people are decent when they're not. Do you really only get any where in life by lying and stepping on others? I don't know if my brain can handle always being on edge not being able to trust anything. I want to go live on an island with all the animals, they're so much better than people!
Sounds like the one person you can trust is yourself... sometimes we need to ask ourselves, what could we do differently. Is it always the same people's actions that are stressing you out? May I ask what these people have done to stress you out and question your faith in human nature :hug:

A

Alan Pizzaface

Sounds like the one person you can trust is yourself... sometimes we need to ask ourselves, what could we do differently. Is it always the same people's actions that are stressing you out? May I ask what these people have done to stress you out and question your faith in human nature :hug:
Oh jeez, how long have you got!? I'm a very sensible, logical person, I normally brush off those comments/actions that probably just came out wrong. But its all piled up so much even the little things are getting to me so I can't cope with big things.
I was stuck in a workplace for years with a boss that wanted your soul. Finally in a position to leave, had so many promises from my next boss that were empty, he also ended up trying to tear me down (I'm good at my job, the income I brought into his shop was almost double what he brought in, his ego couldn't handle it) so I started having panic attacks and my work was affected. I had to abandon a huge chunk of my clientelle that I've worked hard for years to build. So after 2 evil bosses, I'm scared of being employed again. Two bosses that have done very well out of me working for them.
I'm recently self employed, not allowed to work but my Government doesn't recognise me so I have 0 financial help right now. I've worked hard to keep my head above water and because of others' decisions, its all for nothing.
Family- my brother is the golden boy in my mums eyes, (my sister and I know this). He got stressed recently and it was my turn to get his sharp tongue, I mean EVIL words, he goes straight to relentless spite when he's upset which I despise. I get told "you know what he's like, just ignore him". He gets to be vile and if i kick off I'm on my own. Now its all swept under the rug and forgotten about yet I'm still in shock that my own family can speak to me like that.
I'm in the middle of trying to get back money that is owed. I was told that if covid cancelled something I'd get the deposit refunded. I asked, they said a definite yes. Apparently they don't recall saying that and the money is an admin fee. If I pursue this through my card company they've threatened to get the full amount owed. So, they lied, they know they lied but I'm paying for it?
One of my neighbours put a "stop parking like a C***" sticker on my car. I've parked legally in the same place for 3 years, its all on street, 8 houses park on this street, my next door neighbour had one too, why us? Now I'm just worried someone's keeping tabs on us, why couldn't they just knock on the door and talk?
All over the news you constantly see rich & powerful people getting away with so much, we all know people who abuse the systems and get away with it. We've all had colleagues that make friends with the right supervisor, the ones that are good at looking busy but actually do nothing so the actual hard, honest workers get twice as much to do and somehow miss out on any rewards. I was actually told once by a manager in another workplace that I was overlooked for a promotion because I quietly just get on with my job. If you're good in a position they keep you there and promote the more useless lazy people just to do the paperwork in the office. And get paid more, higher bonuses, better perks.
Am I just really unlucky or are these situations somehow my fault? Im learning a lesson about life and I really don't like it.

A

Alan Pizzaface

People are not perfect. Some may cause hurt intentionally but some do not intend to hurt or nor trouble you.

Extend your patience and consideration to people around you because people sometimes do not know what they are doing. They do not sometimes know that they are already hurting others, so be gentle and forgiving.

Create happy moments because happiness is a choice.
I'm a very patient person, I'm good at trying to think of a situation from someone else's point of view before I react and try to understand them. I'm trying to create happiness for myself but it just seems so futile. I'm very independent so its not like I even lean on anyone else to get by yet anything I've achieved seems up for grabs to other people. The whole "be the bigger person" thing doesn't replace whats been stolen from me, just means I can pat myself on the back while someone else is laughing.