• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

can you help

A

alex123

my names alex i am 26 years old male from ireland. Id say this all started when i was 14/15, I remember being up the town shopping one day with my mum and one moment being fine then the next these feelings of fare,unsure,loseing my mind i went home and then telling my mum what i was feeling. this feeling went on for a few weeksmonths none stop i even had to sleep in my mums room bacuase i thought i was going to die during the night.I remember going to the doctors becuase i was also getting palpations the doctor sent me for a heart test where they put wirers on on and a reading comes out (dont know what this is called sorry) i remember the results coming back and was told that there was nothing wrong with my heart but he didnt take it any futher with my feeling and so on. I also remember when i was about this same age that i had problems in school i didnt like school and it didnt like me. I had beheavor problems and anger problems so i was seeing a counsilor and a shrink. It was found out that i could have had adhd. I was to go
back in my late teens to get reasest (i never did) i am now 26 years old and just after xmas i had the same feeling of fare/unure and thinking i was loseing my mind. I was taking panic attacks for as long as i can remember from my teens but these did not bother me strangely as i feel as if i can deal with a panic attack and can bring myself out of it. It is now july and from xmas i just have not been feeling myself. I have to say i feel alot better than i did just after xmas. As i was in a scarey place within myself. but as the weeks went on i felt myself getting better day by day. But i still have this feeling of unsure cant see my fruter (BUT WHO CAN). I have noticed now i am getting a new feeling say for instince my girlfreinds father died suddenly with a nanuisum in his brain. I started to think that i had one and i was going to die. When i hear of poeple being ill i think i have it also and im going to die. I think it comes down to me having a fare of death and thats where my anxiety/panic stems from. I also must add that my own mother passed away suddenly 3 1/2 years ago just after xmas, and i think that thats why mybe i was felling the way i was just after xmas well that and stress maybe a little to musch to drink or the festive. I have been to my gp/doctor and he wanted to put me on beta blockers for my palpations and racing heart but i would not be a med kind of person he also said that i was suffering from anxiety and also its not the palpations that bother me it is how i am feeling in myself/mind. But then again i dont relly want to take meds i think i can beat this without. I think i cope well and yes some days i get down but i think of myself as a very strong person and i would not let this beat me. I also have a fare of suicide i dont feel suicidel but i have a fare of what if i lose my mind and do it. Then again i look at suicide as a cowards way out. I also have a sister who has sufferd from mentel illness for around 10 years self harm border line personality disorder and depression. I also fare i could end up going down the same route as my sister. What my questions is will this pass or will i live with this the rest of my life? are these feelings of "if someones died of something i must have it aswell" apart of anxiety? and also this fare of suicide is this normal then again what is normal. I would like to thank you for taking the time ot read my life story :) lol

A

alex123

I must add

I have no social problems regarding my anxiety as i am a bouncer and a security officer and it does not affect my job i can be in alot of scary moments and i be fine. My feelings of anxiety seem to be very random i can be fine for days weeks then feel anx for days weeks. I think the more i stress on it the more ill have it. I think i have a hold on my disorder i dont seem to be geting worse only the feeling strange from day to day that makes it hard to keep on top off. Even now taday i was feeling very anx unsure. When read and posted on here i felt alot better. I get peace of mind knowing im not alone. I just feel for the people who have it worse then me it makes my problems so small.. thanks again for reading my very very long post lol

connect

connect

Admin
Hi Alex :welcome:,

it's great that you realize that your panic attacks are no big deal and can't do you any harm (y). That of course doesn't make the anxiety any easier on you, but it does mean that you are not constricted by the fear of having a PA (which sadly happens to many people).

It sounds like you're really worried that the anxiety may cause you to "lose it" or "become mentally ill" though (in the light of your sister's problems). Be assured that this is not the case: mental illness is no more common in people who experience panic attacks than in other people. The "feeling strange" feeling is a very common experience when you feel anxious, and it's not a sign that anything is wrong with you.

Have you considered seeing a counsellor (personally I'd recommend a qualified clinical psychologist) to talk things over? It sounds like a few sessions may be all you need to put your mind at rest and learn coping techniques for when anxiety strikes :).

J

jamesdean

hello alex123

i have just read your post n u do say that u dont want 2 go on meds, my only advice would of been that the beta blockers have worked very well for me. all the best jd

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome: alex123 :)

Hope you find MHF supportive.

A

alex123

Thank you

Even the simplest things make me feel better just like reading what you kind people have posted.. I just feel for the people that have it real bad and suppose if i was to tell the truth i would be scared that mybe my anx would go down that road.. I know how this anx thing works and i wont let it beat me lol i will share with you what i have noticed when you beat one sensation anyone takes t place.. please dont mind my spelling as i am also dyslexic (y)

N

nancy

alex123

Hi Alex123 i was just reading you post and i was just wondering if you have been tested for celiac disease?
Behide alot lot of these conditions is an underlined problem, Doctor still think celiac disease is rare but it's not 1 in a 133 people have got it and don't know it. It's an hereditary disease i suffered for 7 long year before i was diagnosed with it, doctor kept saying i had IBS, Depression or Anxiety It's worth a look but don't let them fob you off, Demand the test.
Have a look at www.jccglutenfree.googlpage.com/depression,anxiety,panic Take care:)

A

alex123

Hi Alex123 i was just reading you post and i was just wondering if you have been tested for celiac disease?
Behide alot lot of these conditions is an underlined problem, Doctor still think celiac disease is rare but it's not 1 in a 133 people have got it and don't know it. It's an hereditary disease i suffered for 7 long year before i was diagnosed with it, doctor kept saying i had IBS, Depression or Anxiety It's worth a look but don't let them fob you off, Demand the test.
Have a look at www.jccglutenfree.googlpage.com/dep... im wrong "I can see the website you give me"

N

nancy

alex123

Hi,
you don't always have to have intestinal signs to have celiac thats why alot of people are undiagnosed
If you iron levels are ok then you might not be a celiac but it's always worth getting checked.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Anxiety Forum 10
U Anxiety Forum 4
Taffy Anxiety Forum 4
F Anxiety Forum 3
I Anxiety Forum 3