• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Can you genuinely have more than one fear?

Q

queerghost

It’s something I’ve been asking myself and I was wondering if there are other people who think they fear more than one thing or have more than one phobia.

jajingna

jajingna

I don't see why not. There's an endless list of fears humans suffer from.

bpd2020

bpd2020

I have a fear of water, needles, hospitals, bugs, sharks. It is indeed possible.

Q

queerghost

I have a fear of water, needles, hospitals, bugs, sharks. It is indeed possible.
I have multiple fears as well but I remember reading an article stating that humans can only really have one real phobia so it left me thinking

bpd2020

bpd2020

I do not believe that article. I have seen many people with multiple fears.

Q

queerghost

I do not believe that article. I have seen many people with multiple fears.
Another thing I was wondering was: can people have more than one fear that causes them panic attack, anxiety, anxiety attacks, etc? Again, the article said no (don’t know why it’s so stuck in my mind) so it made me think that all the other fears that don’t cause me to have anxiety attacks are just minor and insignificant

bpd2020

bpd2020

I believe they can. I have read members on hear having fears that cause them to have panic and anxiety.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Phobia Forum 11