• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Can you feel your mood change

S

Squidlee

hi, my first ever post here so sorry if I mess something up in advance, but I’ve always had a question that can’t really be answered by just a google search. I know it’s bad forum but I occasionally go off my meds for a little bit (forget to refill a prescription, laziness such and such) and after a few days to a week I can start to feel my thoughts change.I never let it get to far before I go back on my meds but It’s kinda like a different version of me is waking up so to speak. Always just called him the crazy me. But it’s like whole world gets altered a bit. The way I view things, my crazy thoughts racing all over the place and I’ll have Inter-dialogue convos between crazy me and my normal thoughts (usually arguing and doing or not doing stupid stuff.) but I suffer from depression really bad, it’s almost constant to a certain extent. So I thought maybe it’s just that it’s easy to see/feel the hypomania start to kick in. Was just curious if anyone has ever felt like it’s almost like there’s another (crazy) version just living inside of you.

Zardos

Zardos

Yeah I can relate to that.. Theres another version of me who's just a couple of steps behind me, storking me all the time.. On occasion he tries to kill me.. But you're right about it being a different version of me.. The person I am now and the person I am when I'm 'crazy' are two different people..

Sometimes I can feel? It coming.. Or certainly notice.. When I start to get crazy I lose all my anxiety.. Going out in public, mixing with people.. fear of spiders.. The crazy version of me isn't afraid of anything.. He's outgoing, bold and somewhat aggressive. When I stop being afraid of everything I know I'm about to be...... 'ill'

and :welcome: to the forum :)

P

Porche911

I'm shocking for meds. The docs must hate me I'm worst patient for them! I'm the same.... I go from been really anxiety ridden and emotional to been like in your face over confident and aggressive and not giving a damn at all....

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Was just curious if anyone has ever felt like it’s almost like there’s another (crazy) version just living inside of you.
I'm a firm believer that every person has like a twin version of themselves living inside of them, the book 'The Daemon - a guide to your extraordinary secret self' by Anthony Peake is based on that whole idea.

He claims that scientists back in the 1960's discovered just that purely by accident, these scientists believe we're the left hemisphere of the brain and our 'twin within' is the right hemisphere.

Julzeebub

Julzeebub

hi, my first ever post here so sorry if I mess something up in advance, but I’ve always had a question that can’t really be answered by just a google search. I know it’s bad forum but I occasionally go off my meds for a little bit (forget to refill a prescription, laziness such and such) and after a few days to a week I can start to feel my thoughts change.I never let it get to far before I go back on my meds but It’s kinda like a different version of me is waking up so to speak. Always just called him the crazy me. But it’s like whole world gets altered a bit. The way I view things, my crazy thoughts racing all over the place and I’ll have Inter-dialogue convos between crazy me and my normal thoughts (usually arguing and doing or not doing stupid stuff.) but I suffer from depression really bad, it’s almost constant to a certain extent. So I thought maybe it’s just that it’s easy to see/feel the hypomania start to kick in. Was just curious if anyone has ever felt like it’s almost like there’s another (crazy) version just living inside of you.
I can feel mine coming. I'm way better at it since I spent the past 5 years in self reflection but once in a while, that evil fucker just shows up to the party with no invite. That's when I reach out to my people with a warning so someone comes to help me when I need it. Listen, one of the common issues about having this disorder is that many tend to go off their meds. I know that when I just get lax on one aspect of my treatment that I'm playing a dangerous game. Maybe if you feel like you need help with committing to your medicine schedule you could ask for help. Though I can't take meds, I have an intricate system that I've put in place for myself and a huge part of that system deal with asking for help. I even rely on my cat sometimes to see if he reacts to what I see so I know if it's indeed real or just a hallucination. Or is it none of my business in which case I'll just get right up off your back about it??? 😶❤

H

hipchick

Yes I can feel my mood change and often it is after I have experienced triggers

Wandering2

Wandering2

Yes, I always change. Never know which person ill be day to day. Sometimes in gradual human interactions THE CHANGE...aggressive outbursts or addressing things that have annoyed me in the past but soon get over come back and I beat the idea into the other person's head TO STOP DROP AND ROLL YOUR ON FIRE YOU MORON. Yeah, racing thoughts give me anxiety and make me emotional, then sleepless, then manic nuts gotta do some important off world maddness I made up in fantasy land. Im mixed up lately 😓 and exhausted.