• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Can you eat right?

S

singingspringtime

Honestly, not really. I either eat too much or nowhere near enough. I do try and eat fairly healthily and do manage that for the most part.

Lavender_Rose

Lavender_Rose

Not really, I try but i always go back to my bad habits.

M

ManDss

No... Ive been a mess about eating. Im not eating fruit, either enough vegetables.

But I try to eat healthy when I can.

But I eat lot of carbs and sugar, cant live without it, today I should pick a banana, but I picked lot of carbs.

Im trying to go back to healthy eating.

Sometimes comes night and I forgot to buy veggies, so I end up eating whatever I have left.

EddieH

EddieH

Food is total joy for me.
Think eating good food effects my mood, and really helps. I don't like take away or junk food at all

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Staff Member on Leave
Eating has been a problem for me most of my life. I suffered anorexia for 12 years . Then piled on weight with medication. But some days i just cant face eating if my depression/anxiety is bad and then another day i can empty the fridge. I try and eat healthy well balanced diet tho and eat a lot of veggies

M

Mary on the hill

When i am alone at home and depressed i've been eating cup of soup and maybe a sandwich. I will eat more if i go out to the store and get like a slice of pizza or a burger. At least it's food in my stomach. Just 2 yrs ago i was cooking more, now i won't cook at all. I miss the protein milk shakes i used to make. I miss the scrambled eggs with cheese too, and the french bread i would make and slather sour cream on it and sugar. I am unable to cook any of that stuff now due to my depression. Last winter i did make soup in the crock pot, but i was not depressed like i am now. I am going thro divorce and my husband stopped paying my bills and giving me money. I had to apply for SSI until i take him to court for support. Court is slow cuz the virus got them behind. So i was at my wits end. I spent all my house tax money for next yr and somehow i need to put it back or i will lose my house and my dogs will go to the spca. So i am freaked about that. I should get legal support in 2 or 3 months and then i will be ok. I am trying to hold on until then. Before all this happened i was ok, just a little sad, but now i'm full of anxiety. I hope i am ok and can make crock pot soup this winter. I worry about my security and the future all the time. I am not eating good at all.