• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Can you be at idle ?

F

Frankum35

I was wondering if anyone feels the same way.
I feel very active and I just can't sit doing nothing. I have to be doing something. I don't mean like watching a movie. I mean like physical activities. When I am sitting my legs move side to side. Is not being hypomanic, just the way I am or feel.

B

BlueWater

Yes. I have to be busy. I remember tapping my feet at 18. Lately, it's worse than ever. So much energy lately. I don't sit well for long.

Kotter

Kotter

even chewing gum can help me with that.

B

butterflykisses

Sometimes. But I only feel that way during mania or hypomania.

S

SFGuy

I was wondering if anyone feels the same way.
I feel very active and I just can't sit doing nothing. I have to be doing something. I don't mean like watching a movie. I mean like physical activities. When I am sitting my legs move side to side. Is not being hypomanic, just the way I am or feel.
If this is how you have always been and you like it OK, it's great.

If it's something new since you've started a med, it can be a side effect called akathisia. That makes you need to move around even when you don't want to.

K

Keesha

Yes I can relate which is why I exercise daily. It calms that nervous energy down some.

J

Jarbles

I constantly feel “on”, as if I’m always vibrating or something. I usually spend a lot of time distracting myself but when there is a lull, I can’t help but realize that I can’t turn off. It feels overwhelming if I dwell on it so I usually jump back into distractions. The only med that has helped is Lorazepam but my current psychiatrist won’t prescribe benzodiazepines’ because of their addictive qualities. The only way I can turn off at night is with the help of 200mg of Quetiapine XR and a couple of beers.

floatin

floatin

I constantly feel “on”, as if I’m always vibrating or something. I usually spend a lot of time distracting myself but when there is a lull, I can’t help but realize that I can’t turn off. It feels overwhelming if I dwell on it so I usually jump back into distractions. The only med that has helped is Lorazepam but my current psychiatrist won’t prescribe benzodiazepines’ because of their addictive qualities. The only way I can turn off at night is with the help of 200mg of Quetiapine XR and a couple of beers.
In the same situation brother, don’t let those couple beers turn into too many!