• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Can Voices Make People Kill --

W

wellness

I don't believe that the “Voices” can independently make some completely normal person go on such a dramatic change and turn them into Cold-Blooded Killers however Chronic the symptom maybe. All these Mentally Ill that have Killed in the past and have “Blamed” the “Voices” for making them Kill are just seeking a way out of their Crimes. These Category of the Mentally Ill who resort to such extremities as “Killing” etc. have to be categorised into a more Severe Diagnosis of Mental Illness, yet unclassified. The “Voices” by themselves might facilitate these Killers into only encouraging and motivating their already existing deep desire to Kill. So a lot of people might claim that they hear the Voices shout at them to “Kill” … I think that these shouts of “Kill” are what these people rather “Overhear” the war between the Good Voices and the Bad Voices and these fights between these Voices, where they are going at each other and trying to Kill each other.

Cheerio !!

anouska

anouska

I really don't know. I'm no professional.

My voices are derogatory voices. They shout and swear at 'me' (really nasty and upsetting) they get me down and it's tiring, they've never told me to kill. I've also always found that I know these voices/people in real life. And at time's like this I need distance from those people, because usually an upsetting, unsettling event with these people has recently happened that has been to do with them.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I think if you have chronic, sustained disturbing voices this can lead to deviance.

Sure I display minor deviance myself - in forms of anti-social behavior.

Perhaps some people who under certain circumstances display major deviance and commit grievous crimes.

W

wellness

I really don't know. I'm no professional.

My voices are derogatory voices. They shout and swear at 'me' (really nasty and upsetting) they get me down and it's tiring, they've never told me to kill. I've also always found that I know these voices/people in real life. And at time's like this I need distance from those people, because usually an upsetting, unsettling event with these people has recently happened that has been to do with them.
Hi Anouska,
I think you might have seen some of the previosu posts that I have made ... I too have very deragotary Voices ... But I found out eventually that I have a Mixed bag of Good and Bad Voices ... The Bad ones stand out in their malicious activities .... but I am keen to know if this is your FIRST Episode of Voices or a later one ... I have been able to work and identify some of the good Voices and I and working on getting the GOOD Voices to control and keep under Control the BAD ....

Cheerio !!

anouska

anouska

Hi Anouska,
I think you might have seen some of the previosu posts that I have made ... I too have very deragotary Voices ... But I found out eventually that I have a Mixed bag of Good and Bad Voices ... The Bad ones stand out in their malicious activities .... but I am keen to know if this is your FIRST Episode of Voices or a later one ... I have been able to work and identify some of the good Voices and I and working on getting the GOOD Voices to control and keep under Control the BAD ....

Cheerio !!

I haven't seen any of your posts, sorry. I'm not good with keeping up with the site, it can get busy around here.

Yes, I too have good voices, but just recently the bad have turned good. Well, until today because I'm feeling a bit stressed at this moment.

This isn't the first time. I've had lots of episodes.

Gajolene

Gajolene

In my opinion, the voices themselves don,t drive people to kill, with severely mentally ill people, I believe such instances are really very, very rare. More often the victims of violence.
For the rare cases where it does happen. I think it,s a combination of things, not just voices. A severe lack of insight into delusional and irrational thoughts, along and with extreame fears and paranoia,s could be triggered by voices. This happened in my town last year and a very good friend of mine was killed by a fellow who was severely ill and recieving no help. We had been trying to convince the fellow to get help. Also whether or not the severely mentally ill person is recieving help and support I feel makes a huge difference. I believe there are far,far more sane people who kill. Then fake mental illness as an excuse. A trully mentally ill person cannot understand, ration, or reason an excuse for why they took actions that they did.

W

wellness

In my opinion, I believe there are far,far more sane people who kill. Then fake mental illness as an excuse. A trully mentally ill person cannot understand, ration, or reason an excuse for why they took actions that they did.
I do agree with you ... The Voices on their own will NOT make anyone Kill ... it is just these that go about Killing that then seek a way out by blaming it on the Voices... which has only ended up giving Mental Illnesses the BAD Rap that it has got and also the "Criminalisation" of Mental Illneses ... it is also the acceptance of the Judges and Juries on passing such verdicts that they find a rational explanation for such SORDID Crimes as being simply attributed to the Killers being extremely Mentally ILL !!

Cheerio !!