• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Can this episode last months even with the meds i am on?

T

tony2010

Hi.How are you today?I am 22 and i was put on 15mg of the anti-psychotic Zyprexa over a week ago by the pdoc. This given to me for a high/manic episode i believe which i had been having for 3-4 weeks. It is over 5 weeks now and i am still having symptoms like racing thoughts, feeling ontop of the world, energetic etc. Not not as bad as it was before i got put on the meds.Is this normal then?Can this episode that im having even with the medication am on last months?Thank you

BTW i was in hospital for a few days in February this year for low mood.

S

skyblue

Hi.How are you today?I am 22 and i was put on 15mg of the anti-psychotic Zyprexa over a week ago by the pdoc. This given to me for a high/manic episode i believe which i had been having for 3-4 weeks. It is over 5 weeks now and i am still having symptoms like racing thoughts, feeling ontop of the world, energetic etc. Not not as bad as it was before i got put on the meds.Is this normal then?Can this episode that im having even with the medication am on last months?Thank you

BTW i was in hospital for a few days in February this year for low mood.
Last year during an episode I was given Olanzapine 20mg, aswell as Depakote. If you're not feeling so good and still having racing thoughts etc,.. I would suggest contacting your PDoc and asking for another appointment soon. He may want to prescribe you another mood stabiliser aswell as the Olanzapine you're taking.
The episode could last for months if you're not medicated properly, so ask for the help, it's there for you.

Hope you feel better soon.:flowers:

jax

jax

Sorry to put a dampener on things - but I was manic almost entirely for several years - even on lithium, seroquel and epilim. It wasn't until I went into hospital this past summer that I got changed from epilim to Depokate and stayed on lithium and seroquel and had haloperidol added in too. SOmetimes the medicines just don't work.