can they section me?

Agama

Agama

Hi. Im maintaining my weight since last December.I went for my app yesterday and found out that they thinking about MH assessment because im so ill....I haven't lost any weight, my head is messed up but my physical health is ok. How I can convince them I can manage my life outside IP..can they section me based on my mood and behaviours?

Kerome

Kerome

They can only section you against your will if you are a danger to yourself or others. For example, if you are persistently telling your psychiatrist or even near family members that you're going to commit suicide, and then also show signs of going through with it, then they might section you. So whether they can section you for "mood and behaviours" depends entirely on what exactly is said.

keepsafe

keepsafe

OMG Yes they can I wish they would for my sake for myself I mean

Be good and safe
KS
xxxx

F

flyer

OMG Yes they can I wish they would for my sake for myself I mean

Be good and safe
KS
xxxx
Hell, why on earth would you want to be sectioned?

The food is dreadfull, there's nothing to do and the staff are utter fuckers. In my opinion...

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
But sometimes things might be so bad that people will do anything to get help I would say.

Also remember, each place is different.

L

Lilac

They can only section you against your will if you are a danger to yourself or others. For example, if you are persistently telling your psychiatrist or even near family members that you're going to commit suicide, and then also show signs of going through with it, then they might section you. So whether they can section you for "mood and behaviours" depends entirely on what exactly is said.

It is surprising because suicide is legal. I wouldn't want anyone to commit suicide but it is legal. Thanks for your post.

embleton

embleton

With those that are suicidal its unusual to section when you explain that the stats show that section admission has a greater chance of completing the act when leaving a hospital after the stay, than just letting you go after a talk.