• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Can they force meds?

~minnie~

~minnie~

Bit hungover today....my own fault I know but needed to drink last night

went to see my cpn yesterday....spent nearly an hour with her....shes nice.....but I still dont trust her
I gave her my letter on whats going on with me and the voices....she read it and asked me questions
She asked me if I was going to have my depot injection and I said no because its poison and she tried to reassure me that its not poison but I didnt believe her....I believe god more as hes my friend (gods one of the voices I hear)
She asked if I wanted to be in hospital and I told her no!!!! she said that shes going to speak to my psych on Monday and take it from there but at the end of the meeting she said to me about refering me back to my gp and then asked if I wanted the depot injection again and I said no I cant so she said shes going to speak to my psych on Monday......they cant force me to have the depot injection can they? they cant force me to take meds when I cant have them because they are poison
I am too scared to go out for the mindreaders who are spies for the government following me....I have to meet someone the other end if I go anywhere
I told my cpn about sleeping in the kitchen and the car some nights because theres cameras and listening bugs in my flat....there are everywhere and out to get me too

S

scooby1001

Founding Member
minnie. I really know how you are feeling as i have had exactly the same problems. I was non-complient with oral medication for the same reasons you don't want the depot. I was told either to allow them to put me on the depot or to be taken to hospital. I chose the depot and i am stuck with it as they intend sending me into hospital if i refuse to have it. I have not so far refused it as i am desperate to have my daughter back living with me and stopping the depot will not help my cause. My advice to you would be to agree to have the depot and work with them. There might come a time when you can come off it but more likely you will need it for life. The level of depot is obviously not high enough yet(same for me) to stop the voices and parinoria, once it is you will feel happier to take it. Don't give them a reason to put you in hospital.

S

staples

they can apply to the courts to force the med on ya

Merlin

Merlin

Scooby

My daughter is also desperate to have her son back with her, my heart goes out to you........... good luck to both of you.

M

maudikie

maudikie.

Minnie, my dear, the medicines and injections are not poison. My son has had them for many years, and it has made him much better, even though he still has the illness. I suggest that you try to get an appoitmentwith your psychiatrist, and ask him to explain to you about your condition. It isn't good for you to sleep in the car as it may not be very safe. You say you like your C.P.N. I am glad about that, as they are very knowledgeable, and give very good advice. If you don't want injections, then take the pills which your doctor or psychiatrist may presecribe. It may take a little time for them to make you feel better, but you should persist with them. Do have some trust in both your nurse and dcotor. They have a lot of training, and therefore a lot of knowledge. And believe me they have your welfare at heart.hug
Best wishes, and take care.

D

Dollit

Everything is a poison if you don't treat it right and there have been medications I've used when I did feel as though as I was being poisoned.

~minnie~

~minnie~

Thanks for your replies and the late response. I was sectioned and sent to hospital on the 17th May....still in hospital but on home leave for the night. They have changed my medication to Depixol Injections......does anybody have any experience of this medication and what dose you were on? I started on 40mg but they have increased it to 50mg yesterday because I am still hearing the voices...does anyone know what dose it goes upto?

The psychaitrist told me that I cant drive for 3 months until I am well again....I have rang DVLA and they are sending me an envelope and form to surrender my licence.....so now I have to use public transport which I hate because of the mindreaders on the bus and they follow me everywhere I go....I got to stop the voices otherwise I cant get my licence back.

Just want to say thankyou for your replies...again.

A

Apotheosis

I started on 40mg but they have increased it to 50mg yesterday because I am still hearing the voices...does anyone know what dose it goes upto?
How often are you being given that dose?

http://emc.medicines.org.uk/document.aspx?documentId=1074

http://www.flexyx.com/D/Depixol.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flupenthixol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typical_antipsychotic

The usual dose lies between 50 mg every 4 weeks to 300 mg every 2 weeks but some patients require 400 mg every week. If you need more than 2 ml of medicine it will probably be divided between 2 injection sites.

If you haven’t received an injection like Depixol Injection before, a small dose of 20 mg is usually given one week before your normal dose to test how well you tolerate the medicine.

If you have been treated with Depixol tablets and you are being transferred to Depixol Injection you may be asked to continue taking the tablets for several days after the first injection.

Your doctor may decide to adjust the amount given, or the interval between injections, from time to time.
Source - http://xpil.medicines.org.uk/ViewPil.aspx?DocID=5397

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Been on depixol was on 200mg a week at one point, at one point i was on 25mg ev ery 4 weeks, that was when i first came to london, this psychiatrist said 25mg don't know why they prescribe it, might as well drink tap water

Was on it for about 15 years, still get pains in my backside though i've been on tablets for 15yrs now

~minnie~

~minnie~

Every two to three weeks and I dont feel any effect from it yet

DoctorInternet2

DoctorInternet2

I got off them

:clap: I was told when I was 19 that I would be on major depots for life, (not what a 19 year old wants to hear). I've now been off them for over 22 years. It's a difficult area because meds don't help everyone, even if you have schizophrenia, I still have problems with what I believe but I know that medication wont help, and I tell my psychiatrist that I wont take them, he can't force me because I've proved that I'm not a danger to myself or anyone else.
Yes they are a poison, because no one who was well would want to take them, and if you can do without them then you are better off without, but you need to ask yourself if you are likely to end up in hospital without them, because if you do they might make it hard for you to come off them.
Don't do anything without being sure of what you're doing, it's best to be safe than sorry and stay on them if you're not sure, but they wanted me to stay on them, and I've proved I'm better without them.:p

I

IntrospectionFtw!

poison or maddness that's the only choice. i tryed that whole hearing voices approach and it doesnt really work unless you can avoid hallcinating while you come off of the medications if anything i really regret coming off the medication recently i've really broken down. i dont think you should push this anti medication stuff apoethesis medication awareness is a better way to look at it. you make it sound like coming off the medication and allowing yourself to go mad is a safe thing to do which it really isnt if your caught in a paranoid place for to long it can mess you up psychologically. remember we are what we believe and going crazy and blaming everything of medication can mess you up.

A

Apotheosis

i dont think you should push this anti medication stuff apoethesis
I don't. I have tried my very best to post impartial, relevant, honest & accurate information.

I strongly think that people could be far better helped with comprehensive methods of support (whether on or off meds).

I have never said to anyone that they should stop meds (or start taking them). I think it should be people's own individual choice; & it should be a decision taken with a lot of care & consideration, with a lot of support (starting or stopping meds).

I have expressed concern at the amount of people on this forum who hand out advice constantly that people should take meds - & I do think that is irresponsible.

I personally take meds; & I make no secret of that. Have you considered 'IntrospectionFtw' that you were experiencing withdrawal effects; as well as the underlying condition? Most people need a great deal of support in med withdrawal; & it needs to be done very carefully & gradually.

The fact still remains that if given comprehensive psychological help & social support; that I firmly think; & I'd say that the evidence attests to the fact the majority of people can recover med free. That opinion in no way make me responsible for people illnesses; their drug regime, whether they decide to try other methods of recovery; or any other decision that they make. (Read the Disclaimer at the bottom of this page).

There are incidentally a number of people that post, & who have posted on this site who are successfully med free.

I hate taking this med I'm on - it feels like it's killing me some days. & I'm very sure that there are far better ways of helping people than drugging them up. I do however fully understand the immense difficulties & individual complexities involved in medication issues. I think it not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric meds; but also dangerous to stop taking them.

Peoples choices are their own; & I resent being blamed at any level for the individual choices that others make.

M

maudikie

Apotheosis (coming off meds)

Congratulations for coming off meds. It isgood if you can manage it.I wonder iif some patients would accept the term supplement rather than medication. I [email protected] like the term drugs as this implies the street drugs including cannabis, as these area lead to permanent ill health and also I believe to crime.