• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Can someone talk me out of this delusion?

T

Tvgirl

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm so tired of this hidden camera. I really believe the country is watching me on a camera that is implanted inside of me. Can I get help telling me why this isn't true or possible?

I

Intareseid

Allow me to try.

There's a certain logic to the world an everything in it, right? your delusion would require several leaps that break with that logic completely.

For starters. what sort of technology would allow for a camera to run inside a human body for anything but a very limited amount of time? and where is the lens, exactly? if you're being watched there must be a lens somewhere in the surface, I'm sure you must have searched for it, so if there isn't one how can there be a camera?

Second, for what purpose would anyone use this impossible technology to broadcast your life but not that of anyone else? surely if this was possible and doable we would have seen other cases before and in the age of the web you would have seen their broadcast, which you haven't.

Finally, think about this, yes your delusions absolutely must feel real to you because that's the nature of the illness, an illness that has affected millions upon millions during history, that's very well known and documented. So what would you say is more likely to be true, that you're another sufferer of this illness that distorts your perception of reality or that you happen to be the first subject in history of such an insane and impossible conspiracy?

I don't know you, I don't know who you are, until 5 minutes ago I didn't knew you existed, but I can say that if there was some absolutely bizarre broadcast of the life of a person going around I would 100% know about it and I most certainly have not heard about anything like that.

D

Deleted member 95368

Tvgirl...
Help me please understand why you believe this.

T

Tvgirl

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Allow me to try.

There's a certain logic to the world an everything in it, right? your delusion would require several leaps that break with that logic completely.

For starters. what sort of technology would allow for a camera to run inside a human body for anything but a very limited amount of time? and where is the lens, exactly? if you're being watched there must be a lens somewhere in the surface, I'm sure you must have searched for it, so if there isn't one how can there be a camera?

Second, for what purpose would anyone use this impossible technology to broadcast your life but not that of anyone else? surely if this was possible and doable we would have seen other cases before and in the age of the web you would have seen their broadcast, which you haven't.

Finally, think about this, yes your delusions absolutely must feel real to you because that's the nature of the illness, an illness that has affected millions upon millions during history, that's very well known and documented. So what would you say is more likely to be true, that you're another sufferer of this illness that distorts your perception of reality or that you happen to be the first subject in history of such an insane and impossible conspiracy?

I don't know you, I don't know who you are, until 5 minutes ago I didn't knew you existed, but I can say that if there was some absolutely bizarre broadcast of the life of a person going around I would 100% know about it and I most certainly have not heard about anything like that.
Makes sense, everything you are saying. I guess I have it in my mind that it's some crazy technology that is implanted in me that is so small you cant detect it. I guess I dont fact check.

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

I'm so tired of this hidden camera. I really believe the country is watching me on a camera that is implanted inside of me. Can I get help telling me why this isn't true or possible?
I remember when i use to hear the TV on in the other room, not knowing what was really on, and thinking it was a trial where me and the broadcasters would question the 'Angels' that sat around me and my house.

Ttvgirl, you can't have a camera implanted in you, what you probably mean is there is a camera watching you. It's really a lesser of two evils, if the voices go away, then you may become lonely. I had a doctor tell me that lonliness without voices is also a big problem with a vast majority of schizoids. However I have been their deep in the rabbit hole where you just want them to go away.

Right now I'm a lot more lonely then hearing voices. Occasionaly I will wake up from a dream and turn on some white noise for an hour afterwards. I kind of don't miss the voices but find that real relationships are not there all the time and sort of dried up in conversation. But voices 90% of the time just don't have anything to say interesting other then they seem bent on trying to kill me!

IDK. I talk a lot on the internet and it rarely ever gives me the stimulation I seek. The world and majority of people that believe in that world are wrong on a number of issues and no one seems to be correcting it, more often people are reinforcing false information that directly relates to the causes of you hearing the TV talk about you. One obvious example is pills. They don't stop voices but doctors and a lot of people will claim they are fine tuned solution pointing to brain chemistry and this and that.

Playing a musical instrument might help your over all quality of life but again its no solution. I remember back in 99 when I was 16 thinking that the Conan O Brien show was following along with me personally and that Conan was on the edge of getting fired for it. I last thought the TV was following me about a year ago. IDK. it comes and it goes.

Tell me some more about your story and maybe I can help. Like what does the TV make you feel? can you remember any specifics?

D

Deleted member 95368

It seems almost everyone who knows me talks negatively about me.
They only speak of me negatively though because they don't know me, and never wanted to know me.

And that's how I know they aren't watching me... not on TV nor at all.
I think I can perhaps understand a little how you feel though.

I'm sorry that you are suffering from that as you do.
I hope you will feel safer and more secure very soon.

I really do believe that what you are experiencing is a delusion.
What do you think it will take to help you see through the delusion?

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

Oh yeah and one thing you may want to watch out for when you go out in public and hear people talking about you is your auditory focus. Did you know that your ears can focus in on what they want to hear? Just try to keep an open focus so you aren't potentially attracting the attention of a conversation. It's perfectly normal not to want in on a stranger's conversation.

T

Tvgirl

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I remember when i use to hear the TV on in the other room, not knowing what was really on, and thinking it was a trial where me and the broadcasters would question the 'Angels' that sat around me and my house.

Ttvgirl, you can't have a camera implanted in you, what you probably mean is there is a camera watching you. It's really a lesser of two evils, if the voices go away, then you may become lonely. I had a doctor tell me that lonliness without voices is also a big problem with a vast majority of schizoids. However I have been their deep in the rabbit hole where you just want them to go away.

Right now I'm a lot more lonely then hearing voices. Occasionaly I will wake up from a dream and turn on some white noise for an hour afterwards. I kind of don't miss the voices but find that real relationships are not there all the time and sort of dried up in conversation. But voices 90% of the time just don't have anything to say interesting other then they seem bent on trying to kill me!

IDK. I talk a lot on the internet and it rarely ever gives me the stimulation I seek. The world and majority of people that believe in that world are wrong on a number of issues and no one seems to be correcting it, more often people are reinforcing false information that directly relates to the causes of you hearing the TV talk about you. One obvious example is pills. They don't stop voices but doctors and a lot of people will claim they are fine tuned solution pointing to brain chemistry and this and that.

Playing a musical instrument might help your over all quality of life but again its no solution. I remember back in 99 when I was 16 thinking that the Conan O Brien show was following along with me personally and that Conan was on the edge of getting fired for it. I last thought the TV was following me about a year ago. IDK. it comes and it goes.

Tell me some more about your story and maybe I can help. Like what does the TV make you feel? can you remember any specifics?
The tv ridicules me. It is so scary.

soul searching

soul searching

That happened to me about 20 years ago! My father paid someone to check my apt. for bugs and cameras. Of course they didn't find anything. I lost my job because of this. I Know how it happened now. My schizophrenic brain was searching my environment: tv, radio magazines . little things people would say. Then as soon as it found something similar that I was doing or thinking, it would say it was about me. Sometimes, it seemed more exact. But if you really try, you can do this with anybody. The girl on tv has brown hair(like me) and she's upset or crying-must be about me. The girl in the magazine has brown hair and a bracelet like mine and her life is in shambles-must be about me.But she also lives in another country(not the same) and her eyes are brown(not the same ) and she's a billionaire(not the same) My conclusions were ridiculous, but I believed them for a long time. What you're experiencing is a common symptom of schizophrenia. Try proving your conclusions wrong or talk to a trusted friend and they can help you see the error in your logic. Hope this helps

jajingna

jajingna

Did you ever try to find videos on youtube how to deal with delusions? I dunno if any would help, yours seem persistent over a pretty long time, but could be worth trying?

dontknowwhattodowithoutyou

dontknowwhattodowithoutyou

The tv ridicules me. It is so scary.
Hello tvgirl,

I hope you feel a bit better. You're going through a rough time right now. I agree with jajingna, maybe you can look up some people on youtube who have delusions, too? Then you can compare it to your own experience. There is a small youtuber called Elliott MacGabhann who has several videos about his experiences with schizophrenia.

Maybe you could also, aside the fact checking, try a meditation session? Meditation is about accepting the current state you're in even if it is scary for you.

O

On Fire

TV girl why not just keep the TV turned off. Even throw out, sell, or give away your TV. Your TV delusion clearly causing you so much distress, surely it is better to not have a TV.